Happy Gamers, Serious Rebels

Ty POV

Chaos erupted in the small room we called a hotel room. Plastic cups flew everywhere. I could barely handle myself. Crystal tried to calm down the girls, who were hysterically crying. Their boyfriends, for the exception of Jimmy and Jordan, almost beat each other until their eyes were black and blue. I stood up and jumped on the bed.

"Will you stop?!" I shouted. Everyone froze in their places, petrified, "Mitch isn't here right now. Jerome, Adam, and Johnny aren't either. What does it matter that Caleb ruined everything? He's gonna deserve what he'll get!"

Mat smirked, "And what would that be?"

I clenched my fist into a ball and held it up, "We… we… we're gonna go after him… and…"

"Don't have a plan, do you?" Tyler questioned, his head drooping.

"Uh…" I begun to panic.

"Ty," Mat continued, slightly grinning, "Tell us the truth. How do you expect to get rid of Caleb?"

"I don't wanna get rid of him!" I burst, "I just want to get him away from Ray! It's for Mitch!"

"Mitch this. Mitch that. Can you get enough?" Mat groaned.

"He's our friend. So is everyone else in this room."

"I think this whole thing is ridiculous. Just leave Ray with Caleb and we can go back to the way it used to be."

"No! What would that do to Mitch?!"

"I don't know. I just don't want us fighting over some girl."

Poppy spoke up, "Mat, she's my friend too. I don't want her to be with someone she doesn't love."

"But wouldn't it have been easier if he hadn't ran into her that first day on the Hunger Games. I told Mitch and Jerome not to play…"

"They met anyways," I growled, "At school. If they had broken up, it would've been my fault."

"And why would that be?"

I dropped my head, "Cause I was in love with her." A few moments later, I gained back my confidence, "I'm not hiding it anymore. I'm sorry Crystal for keeping it a secret so long." My girlfriend placed the palm of her hand on my right shoe and glanced up, a sign of relief on her face. She nodded.

I resumed my speech, "And to protect the girl that I once loved and the fiancé of one of my best friends… we're going after Caleb… and whatever we have in store… will happen!"

"What are we supposed to do without a plan?" Mat questioned, a larger smirk appearing on his lips.

"Don't push it."

"No… really… what do we do?"

"I'll think of something. But for now… no fighting! Is everyone in?"

"Not me." Mat shook his head, "It's not worth it."

Poppy interrupted her boyfriend, "Mat!"

"It's my decision, Poppy. I can do whatever I think is right." He stared directly into my eyes as I leaped off of the bed, "And if that means disagreeing with friends… then so be it." Mat snarled and walked out of the room. Tyler and Ryan followed him.

"Ryan! Tyler!" I tried to yell. Jordan hesitantly rushed outside as well, "Jordan! Not you too! Ugh!"

"You still have us, right?" Dakota attempted to cheer me up, "Don't be blue. It's better to be green."

"Are you trying to make puns or make me feel better?"

"Uh…" Dakota quickly backed up. 

Jason stepped up, "Ty, if we have to go without them, then we do. Don't worry. In the end, Adam will come back and reunite the team again."

"But… what if he doesn't?" I softly asked. Jason barely heard.

"He will. Trust me. I've known Adam for long enough."

I smirked, "Yeah. Me too." I smiled and glanced down at my feet. Crystal sat down next to me as the others chatted amongst themselves quietly. The group had been traumatized by that event. Or at least I was. My hands were shaking and my face and body started to burn up, even though I only wore a tank top and khaki shorts. Small tears of sweat rolled down my forehead and Crystal brushed them off with the sleeve of her shirt.

"I'll be right back. Gonna go clean up," I told her.

"Okay," Crystal replied and smiled as I stood up from the bed. I made my way to the door of the in-room bathroom when I heard voices coming from outside. Glancing back to see the others in their own business, I slowly opened the door, and shut it without a sound. Ryan, Tyler, Jordan, and Mat stood in a crowded circle at the other end of the hallway. I hid behind a wall and eavesdropped on their conversation.

Mat seemed to be the leader out of all of the men, "Is it just me or has Team Crafted been really… strange all of the sudden?"

"Not to me…" Jordan piped in.

"Jordan… no one cares!" Tyler exclaimed.

Mat rolled his eyes and continued, "There needs to be a change in leadership. In my opinion, it should be me."

"I totally agree," Tyler nodded in agreement.

"Yeah… me too…" Ryan commented, "But what about Adam and Ty?"

"Screw them! We get rid of them if we have to!" Mat thought about his ideas for a moment, "Wait a minute… if their time is so caught up in searching for Caleb… we'll have them in the palms of our hands." Mat smirked and held out his right hand, pretending to squeeze an invisible object. Ryan and Tyler nodded in approval of Mat's plan.

Outside the hotel room, I shook my head in disappointment and whispered to myself, making sure that no one heard, "Mat… what do you think you're doing?"