Living on a Dream - Finale

Ray POV

Only Mitch, Preston, Carter, Jerome, Fia, and Adam would be on the same flight as me. Ty dropped us off at the airport, helping us out with luggage and outside check-in. Then he left, heading back to his apartment.

I only had two large bags with me because I decided to ship most of my items through the mail. Carter, however, had five bags. They were also big, so Jerome had to not only carry his two bags, but two of Carter's too. Fia helped out as well with Carter's stuff because she only brought one bag.

The seven of us headed to check in our larger bags. After about thirty minutes of waiting through security, we entered the assigned terminal with our smaller luggage. Carter obviously carried the most bags because Fia and Jerome had helped earlier with her stuff, but I helped her out too cause I was a good friend like that.

Since our plane was slightly delayed, Adam and Fia offered to buy snacks while the rest of us waited.

Once they left, Mitch pulled out his camera phone and begun to take snapshots. I chuckled.

"What?" he questioned, smirking. I heard the chime of a picture being taken.

"Mitchell Donald Ralph Hughes," I told him in a strict tone.

"What's wrong this time, Rachael Anderson Hughes?"

"Why are you taking pictures without me?"

"Well… you never asked."

"I shouldn't have had to ask."

Mitch grinned and kissed me on the cheek.

"Public privacy much?" I questioned, "You know… a lady likes her privacy."

"We are worldwide internet celebrities. People like to know how our story begins…" Mitch caught a snapshot of us on his phone. I slightly covered my face with my hand, but he moved it away. He took another picture and instantly tapped into Instagram.

"Oh… you little Duke of Power Moves…" I growled, a smile on my face.

"Guess what's even better than being the Duke."

"What?"

"You're the Duchess."

"And we're moving to Los Angeles, the city of dreams."

"You got that right, Ray." I smiled as Fia and Adam returned. At this moment, the speaker came on announcing the flight was scheduled to depart in a few minutes, forcing us to board the plane. I took Mitch's hand and we walked to the entrance, curious of why there were no BajanCanadian fans tormenting us.

Our group entered the plane and took our seats. The couples sat next to each other, and Preston was next to me. Mitch took the window seat, allowing me to take the middle. It was a pretty small plane, so there weren't many people bothering the group. Only a few kids asked Adam and Jerome for autographs.

Although the flight only took a couple hours to travel from Washington to LA, I decided to take a nap. My husband let me lean my head on his shoulder, and my eyes fluttered into a deep sleep. I noticed him take a snapshot of us before I closed my eyes all the way, smiling for the camera.

-----------------------

"I'm pretty sure that the game is over. Allison got a little too intense, especially with Luna. Speaking of Luna, where is she?"

"She left. Did you not see her run outside?"

"No, I didn't."

"You should go after her."

"I'll tell her later. Right now, I have to stay with you."

"Is that so?"

Mitch nodded and put his lips to mine. We kissed for a few seconds until we slowly slipped apart.

"Ray, I'm deeply in love with you. When you parted this world two years ago, I thought you were gone. Now that I'm sitting right here, right now makes me believe that we have a second chance to make things better."

"I guess." I smiled and held onto Mitch's hand, romantically glancing into his eyes.

------------------------

I smiled at my friend's happiness, but did not notice Mitch wink at his friend. Jerome motioned for me to look behind my shoulder. I found Mitch, on his right knee, glancing up into my eyes, a velvet box in his hands.

I had no idea that this moment would have come so soon. I knew that Carter's would come eventually, but me? It had been a week since I returned. There were issues that had to be solved. There were people that I needed to deal with. But I couldn't help but think that Mitch and I would be perfect together.

Back to reality, I gasped and placed my palms over my mouth as Mitch opened the box to reveal another diamond ring. I examined it first and realized that the words Rachael and Mitch were inscribed on the ring itself. As I begun to cry, Mitch asked the life-changing words.

"Rachael Anderson, will you marry me?"

I nodded, crying, and leapt into his arms.

--------------------------

The music played louder as I begun my walk to the platform. Similarly yet different to the previous attempt, closer to the doors I thought of Preston, who I had to celebrate this joyous moment with, and my parents, who I still missed dearly. Towards the middle, I noticed Caleb, who now stood next to Jade, holding hands. Luna and Bobby sat to their right, and I could only imagine my own ironic moment with those two couples. I chuckled. Taking a deep breath, I came closer to the stage. This was when I remembered all of the good moments with Mitch and I. Meeting Mitch in history class, my 18th birthday, my first kiss with him, his offer to prom, prom itself, saving me from Caleb and Rebecca, singing This is Me with him at the talent show, winning the talent show, Minecraft, and finally the arguments. Why the arguments? Whatever it took, Mitch and I always came back to each other. Each time we fought or lied, there was always a way. Then I remembered I had canceled the wedding three times, and this would be the one I finally got right.

-------------------------

There were enemies we faced before Mitch and I got married. There were enemies in high school… Luna was considered an enemy. Caleb was considered an enemy, so was Johnny (RIP). Ashley and Allison were still problems, but right then and there. Right at that moment when I belted out those last lines, the only thing I could think of was how happy I was, being with the love of my life, all my best friends, my brother, and the people I call my family.

-------------------------

By then, the slurpee didn't mean a thing.