Nostalgia (45)

"Here's your office Althea, same place as your Dad's but we just made major changes, you can have your own changes besides this is all yours for the coming years." excited na bida sa akin ni Tito Gaston.

"Wow! Black and Red, nice Tito. I love it, I don't know you know me that well." nasabi ko habang nililibot ng tingin ang office ko.

"Oh no, not me but Cathleen, you know. Cathleen must've known every detail of the Baby Guevarra." at hindi niya napigilang tumawa. Siya namang pagpasok ni Cathleen with a morena chick in tow.

"Like it, Baby?" tanong niya pagpasok

"Very much, thanks Cath." sagot ko naman.

"As always, for you. By the way, I want you to meet your secretary, Maxene de Leon. Max she's your new boss, Althea Guevarra. I know she's hot and yummy but please be informed that she's already taken and you wouldn't want to mess up with her wife." walang prenong sabi ni Cathleen na ikinatawa ni Tito Gaston, samantalang ako naiwang tulala at naiiling.

"Have you talked to my wife?" takang tanong ko.

"Nope, but I'm speaking on her behalf."

"Ahm, Ms. Maxene could you please leave us for a sec. And by the way nice meeting you." magalang kong pakiusap

"Nice meeting you, too. Miss Althea. Just call me Max. Please excuse me, Sir, Ms. Cathleen." tumango sila Tito at Cath saka tumalikod si Max.

"Why do you have to say that?" tanong ko pag alis ni Max.

"Just to be sure, kanina pa lang sa meeting iba ng tingin ng mga lalaki at babae sayo, she's included, kaya early warning could prevent major disaster." sagot niya na hindi nagpahinto sa kakAtawa ni Tito Na nakikinig lang sa amin.

"Then why do you have to put her in my office?" tanong ko ulit.

"She's one of your Dad's scholars and she promised to work with your Dad when she graduated as a sign of gratitude. Siya ang napagbilinan ng Dad mo before he died, so basically she's your partner in the field and yes she's one of our team she's an Architect but she chose to be your secretary because she can be trusted. She volunteered because you're the daughter of Carlos Guevarra. Satisfied?"

"So, temporary lang siya?" tanong ko ulit.

"Yes, if you want to. Why look worried...Haha Althea the way you look halatang under ka." sabay tawa nanaman ng mag ama. Pinagtritripan talaga ako ng mag amang ito.

"It's not like that Cath---" I stopped when we heard a knock then may pumasok.

"Paul!" gulat kong bati.

"So, the news is true, the new breed of Titan Builders are taking over one of the most prestigious construction firms in the land. Hi Althea, feeling nostalgic? Can't believe we'll be here again after so so many years." bungad ni Paul sabay yakap sa akin.

"Andito ka rin?" takang tanong ko pero masaya akong makita siya.

"Yup, this is the challenge Dada gave me. Sabi niya I should prove myself, after the accident, quote and quote, Dada slowly taught me the ins and outs of this company dahil ito lang ang hindi pwedeng galawin ni Angkong. Well, I have my own pero andito rin ako for Dada." sagot niya then lumingon kay Tito Gaston.

"Sorry, Tito, Cathleen I didn't make it today's meeting may nangyari kasi sa isang site and the owner wants to talk to one of us kaya ako ng pumunta." paghingi niya ng paumanhin.

"Don't worry Paul, it's alright. You can get the transcript of our meeting from my secretary anytime tomorrow." sagot naman ni Tito Gaston . Hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala na andito na ako sa kumpanyang unang minahal ng Dad ko. Tama si Paul I felt a bit nostalgic being in the place again. Akala ko hindi na ako makakabalik dito. I walked to my desk and saw an old picture frame, its our family picture with my Dad and Mom, we're all wearing hard hat. Halos hindi makita ang mukha ko sa laki ng hard hat, I was only 5 years old then. Hindi ko namalayan ang mumunting butil ng luha sa mata ko, napansin ko na lang malabo na ang tingin ko sa picture.

Always, My Jadeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें