Obsession (48)

"What do you think?" tanong sa akin ni Charlie.

"Simply elegant, I like it. Nice place." paghanga kong sagot.

"Well, thank you. I'm very pleased to know na nagustuhan mo. I got the best persons in every detail of this resort. Para hindi naman nakakahiya sa yo." pabalik na sabi ni Charlie sa akin. We're eating late lunch and I can sense na mula pa kaninang pagdating namin masyado ng maasikaso sa akin si Charlie at bawat anggulo ng resort ay tinatanong niya ang opinyon ko. Pinag bigyan ko na siya after days of follow up calls from him. Sumabay na ako sa kotse niya dahil sabi niya balikan lang kami at after our lunch uuwi na rin kami.

"Bakit naman ako lang, I mean you should also ask your wife's opinion."

"She didn't know about this place and this resort. I made this for a very special person." sagot niya saka ko tiningnan na may tanong sa isip ko.

"Wow that person is really especial para pagpatayuan mo ng ganito kagandang resort."

"Actually, I'm happy she likes it." nakangiting sagot niya.

"She? For a girl? Really?" tanong ko at tumango lang siya.

"That's good, dinala mo na siya dito? Are you serious in giving this to her? Bakit hindi alam ng asawa mo. I mean, I'm sorry to ask Charlie pero, divorced ka na ba? The last time we talked ay sabi mo you're wife is asking for divorce " Sunod sunod kong tanong. Napangiti siya sa kadaldalan ko.

"Ok isa isa, well I'm not yet divorced but we're working on it, most probably pagbalik ko kasi I'm really serious about this girl and I want to know her thoughts before I made this decision of divorcing my wife. And yes andito na siya and I'm happyshe likes the place."

"Wow, can I meet her. I mean what's her name?"
Matagal siyang hindi nakasagot at nakatingin lang sa akin.

"Well?" ulit kong tanong.

"Yes... I mean, she's my childhood friend and classmate and her name is ...Jade... Tanchingco..." pag aalangan niyang sagot. bigla kong nabitiwan ang hawak hawak kong kutsara at tinidor. Nagulat ako sa sinabi niya.

"Charlie, wag kang magbiro ng ganyan. Alam ko bata pa lang tayo lagi mo na akong pinagtitripan but not this time and this is not a good joke."

"I'm serious Jade, I mean noon pa man I already like you and then David came into the picture. Your family liked him for you so I lost my chance. When I learned that you're not together anymore that gave me another hope to take my chance again."

"But I'm already married, Charlie alam mo yan." Now everything makes sense bakit ang kulit niya sa akin to be his business partner.

"I know...But that wouldn't stop me to pursue you because I thought to myself na maybe you just fall for her because David hadn't loved you enough that made you choose to marry that woman..."

"You know my wife?" takang tanong ko.

"Y-yes..." matipid niyang tanong.

"Since when?" tanong kong muli

"Since I saw you're ring, I got curious and tried to discover it myself. Your family's influence to the media and to other people is really outstanding Jade, kaya hindi ako makakuha ng information. So I just have to discover it myself and I saw her car in your bar."

"And how'd you know that that's my wife's car?" usisa kong muli

"I saw you both hugging in the parking lot of your bar one time when I came to visit you. Well, i saw you first coming out from the back side of your bar towards the parking lot at sinundan kita. I'm sorry but that was unintentional Jade." hindi na ako nakaimik.