chapter four

Isabella Rose Marie Winchester

It was currently after school.

School was boring as usual, nothing new, but I'm babysitting today. I put an ad online, because I was in dire need of a way to spend my time. I've always wanted a younger sibling, so this was perfect. It also didn't kill to have a little extra cash.

I happen to be babysitting a sweet girl named Violet, who I believe is around the tender age of five.  Also, she's Christopher's younger sister.

The doorbell rang 10 minutes later and I ran downstairs to open the door. Greeting her with a smile, I yell cheerfully, "Violet!"

"Hi Isabella," she says wrapping her small arms around my legs. I squat down and hug her.

She's so friendly and absolutely adorable.

In the doorway stood an elegant, regal looking woman. Although she looked like a million dollars, she didn't seem snobby at all. Actually, she looked very kind and sort of wise. She had a resemblance to Chris, which was obvious, he is her mother.

"I'm Vanessa Wild, thank you for watching my angel. I'll be back to get her soon, thank you!" Her mom said cheerfully. I smile and wave goodbye to Mrs. Wild.

"Let's make some cookies," I suggest. Violet nods her head and bounces toward the kitchen. Luke smiled at Violet and left the kitchen nodding at me. I took out the ingredients and showed Violet how to do it. As soon as we put the cookies in the oven I felt something hit my back. "Violet!" I say laughing. She giggled and threw flour at me. I grabbed a handful of flour and drop it on her head. While giggling, she ran around shaking her head everywhere. Luke comes in and stops in the doorway, crossing his arms.

"Why don't you two go take a bath and I'll clean this up," Luke says, giving me a sincere smile. I nod and pick up Violet and take her to my bathroom and start a bath. I put in some bubble bath, a rubber ducky and call her in.

After she was done with her bath I gave her an old dress that was mine. I'm not sure why I never tossed it, but I'm glad I didn't. She loved it. I put her clothes in a plastic bag and took a shower. When I was done I came downstairs to see Luke and Violet eating cookies. I covered her eyes and she giggled.

"Guess who?" I say in my high pitched voice.

"Izzie!" She says removing my hands and turning around.

Aw, she has a nickname for me.

"Your mommy will be here soon," I say with a sad smile.

She frowned, "but I want to stay," she whined.

"You can come back another day," I assure her with a tight hug.

"By the way, Chris is sleeping over," Carter says as he grabs a cookie. I frown at him but shake it off.

"Does that mean Violet can stay too?" I ask hopefully. It's nice to have a girl around, even if it is a 5 year old.

Carter nodded, "their mom is going out."

Violet and I let out a high pitched scream.

"Let's paint our nails, do our hair, and makeup," Violet says with a cheery clap.

While the boys were downstairs playing some sort of game, I french braided Violet's hair.

Violet and I giggled, talking about boys and such. Who knew a conversation with a five year old could be so interesting. I put a small pearl bracelet around her wrist. "You can keep that Vi," I say. She looks up at me will a gleaming smile. She wraps her tiny arms around me. I give her a big hug.