chapter five

Isabella Rose Marie Winchester

The door bell rang and I made my way downstairs. To my surprise Luke was talking to him.

"I want her back by 5," Luke says, authority lacing his voice. Although Luke looked really serious and scary, he was the sweetest, softest teddy bear. His tone of voice surprised me and I almost jumped in surprise.

Chris nods quickly and smiles when he sees me. Luke nods at us, meaning we can go. 

"I've been meaning to ask you, how's Lindsay handling the whole dating situation?" I ask.

He rolls his eyes, "she's having the time of her life with her partner, Adam Johnson."

Adam Johnson was a beefy, meathead linebacker on the football team. I didn't know what to say and the silence was awkward. I couldn't help it. I really don't know him well enough to be able to just pickup a conversation with him. Distracting myself from the awkwardness, I dug my phone out from my pocket and started to play candy crush.

"Are you seriously playing candy crush while we're out on a date?" Chris asks me, quirking an eyebrow.

I flush and shyly sink into my seat a little lower.

"Sorry. I just don't know what to talk about, I'm a little awkward around people I don't know well." I reply back, staring at my hands.

He smiled and lifted my chin up. Chris was still driving, so I kind of just looked at him weirdly.

"Let's change that," is the only thing he says.

Change what?

Change that I'm awkward around people I don't know well?

I'm even more confused now, I begin to stare at my phone again. I am really close to beating this level.

"We're here Bellz," he says turning towards me. I look up from my phone at he building. Ice skating? I love ice skating.

And since when did he have a nickname for me??

No, this is not going to be some cliché story where the boy helps the girl. 

I know how to ice skate. I like to think that I ice skate very well. 

He paid for the both of us, even though I insisted he didn't have to.

 I stepped onto the ice first, grasping the wall pretending I don't know how to skate. Stumbling a little bit, I let out a fake gasp and mask on a scared face. 

Chris stepped onto the ice confidently, holding out a hand for me.

I giggle and get off the wall skating circles around him.

 He gasps trying to copy me but ends up falling. 

"How dare you trick me!" Chris whines, sporting his puppy dog face. It's hard to not feel bad for him when he does that.

I take out my phone and record him.

 "Date number one, picked by Chris. Even though he can hardly stand up," I say giggling. 

Chris glares at me, almost falling again. I help him gain his balance and take him towards the wall.

"Why do you have to be so perfect," Chris complains.

"Did you just call me perfect?" I tease while spinning in a circle.

"M-maybe I did," Chris stutters.

Did I just make the golden boy stutter?

I laugh, "thanks I guess," I blush a little bit.

I help him get the hang of skating and we end up having a lot of fun. I ended up laughing so hard that my stomach hurt. I never realized how easy the conversation flowed with him.