17|| Friends?

Isabella Rose Marie Winchester

I grab Athena's leash and clip it to her collar.

"Who wants to walk Athena with me?" I ask.

"Me!" Braden yells.

He runs after me.

"Cmon Brae," I say ushering him towards the door.

The cool and crisp autumn air hits my face. Athena jumps in the leaves creating a crunching noise. Braden laughs and jumps in the leaves as well. I smile and lead the puppy and boy to the dog park. Athena chases Braden around and Braden runs as fast as he can.

"What a charming dog and boy you have there," a voice says behind me. I turn around to find a boy that looks much older than me. Like a lot, he looks like he could be my dad. 

"Thank you?" I mutter. He chuckles and takes a seat next to me. I scoot down a little bit farther, I don't want to be near this man. 

"Is he your boy?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Haha no. He's my cousin," I say, I tighten the grip on my phone.

Why does he want to know all these things about me?

"Ah. I'd watch out, you know... for all the creepy people out there." He gets, up sends me a wink and walks away.

My head starts spinning. What did he mean?

"Brae Brae! Cmon lets go," I yell. 

Braden jogs over with Athena. I got them home as fast as I could. It couldn't be him could it? I get home and start to make lunch. My head started to hurt and my heart beat started to quicken.

"Woah Woah Woah! What's wrong Isabell?" Weston asks. My breathing was scattered and slow.

"...I think... he's back..." I say slowly. His jaw drops and he immediately engulfs me in a hug.

"Luke?" Weston shouts.

"He's back..."

Luke shot down the stairs holding a baby bottle.

"He's in jail... he can't be back" Luke says.

I ordered a few pizzas while Luke was talking with Archer and Avery. The doorbell rings and I rush to the door with Athena trailing behind me. The pizza man hands me the pizzas and i pay him. Athena runs out the door, I hand the pizzas to Collin and Alex and run out to get Athena. 

"Athe!" I call. She runs over to me and starts to bark at something in the distance. I see a black figure watching us. I quickly pick Athena up and run back inside. I shut the door, locking all 3 locks.

"Isabell!" Ryan grabs me and we walk into the dining room.

There was a note on the pizza boxes, reading.

I would watch yourself if I were you- a friend

I let out a weep and cry into Collins shoulder. He strokes my hair and hugs me close. He can't be back can he?

"Start riding to school with one of your brothers or cousins, okay?" Luke says. I nod, sniffling.

Daniel garbs me a slice of pizza and I start to eat it slowly.

Somehow after that fiasco I ended up in my bed. I walk downstairs and smell french toast.

"Look who's awake!" Avery chimes. "You better start getting ready for school, Collin is gonna take you."

I drag myself back upstairs and flop on my bed.

I put my hair into a messy bun and put my glasses on. I usually wear contacts but I'm not in the mood, plus my glasses are cute. I put on a white shirt that says messy hair, don't care and some jeans. I grab my baby blue backpack and head downstairs.