16|| Homecoming is a Big Deal

Isabella Rose Marie Winchester

Colton scores the winning touchdown for the homecoming game, the crowd goes wild. Brooklyn, Bailey, and I jump out of our seats and cheer.

"And it looks like the Ridgemont takes the win again! Have a wonderful homecoming night tomorrow!"

The crowd cheered one last time and we made our way off the bleachers.

My family and my two best friends wait anxiously for the boys to come out of the locker room.

Brody tugged on the hem of my shirt. I kneeled down and looked at him.

"Where is Cawtwer and Coltwon?" Brody asks.

"They're coming bubby," I say, patting his shoulder. As we wait for them to come out, I hear someone call my name. 

"Isabell!" A name calls.

"What's up Erin?" I ask.

"You excited for homecoming?" She asks.

"Of course! What about you?" I ask her.

"Very very very excited!" She squeals.

If you didn't know, Erin is Weston's best friend. I don't talk to her much, we're not too close.

The boys come out of the locker room and I say my goodbyes to Erin. I make my way over to Carter.

"Hey big bro. Good job tonight," I say. He smiles cheekily and gives me a hug. I push away from him covering my nose.

"You stink!" I squeal, as he chuckles.

Brooklyn looked for Daniel amongst the crowd and Bailey headed toward Carter.

"Such a loser Wes, the only brother not on the football team." I joked.

"Just wait till basketball season." Weston said, sending me a wink. I laugh and he joins in."If Chris gets into Clemson, its pretty far from Texas. Are you going to do long distance?" Weston asks. A shiver runs down my spine. I hate that he has to leave.

"I have no idea," I answer honestly.

"I think it's best you break up with him before things get too serious, so no one gets hurt. But I'll support all your decisions," Weston says.

I sigh, it'll cause some hurt too, if only you knew...

Chris sprints over to me and with a few strides I'm in his arms.

"There's my princess!" Chris says kissing my forehead. I shoot him a smile and cuddle up in his sweaty, smelly arms.

"Christopher! Over here please," a deep voice bellows. Chris sighs and runs over to the deep voice. But before he does he mouths to me my dad. I nod at him, he sends my a mega watt smile and goes to his parents. 

I've never met his dad before, I have met his mom though, she's the sweetest.

"I believe I should get a hug," Daniel says, holding his arms out.

I laugh and jump into his arms.

"You did so good Danny!" I say kissing his cheek.

"I love you precious," he coos.

"Love you too Danny."

See? This is why Daniel was one of my favorites.

Daniel peeks behind me and hop out of his arms to make room for Brooklyn. She runs over to Daniel and leaps into his arms. They're absolutely adorable.