chapter two

Isabella R. Winchester

I pause my show to listen to the yelling. Sounds like Luke, Weston, and Daniel are back.

"How could you throw her into a pool!" That was probably Luke.

I sit back against the wall, crossing my arms.

"Even your friend is looking for her!" That's most likely Daniel.

Are they looking for me?

I shift uncomfortably in my tree house.

"Hey Isabella," I hear someone whisper softly. The sudden voice made me jump and the voice chuckled.

I look over to see Colton and Carters friend. I didn't know his name, but I've gotta say, he's pretty cute.

But you didn't hear that from me.

Unfortunately, he was probably cocky like the whole lot of them. He knew that he was attractive. His dark brown hair made his beautiful hazel eyes pop. His smile was absolutely adorable, it was innocent, like a cute puppy. He had the sharpest jaw line, if I touched it, I could cut my finger.

He started to smirk, realizing I've been checking him out. Stupid cocky, arrogant boys.

Despite his looks, I ignore him and turn my head back to my laptop. "Your brothers are looking for you," he whispers. I sigh and pickup all my stuff, shove it into my backpack, and walk back to my house.

"Twinny! Where were you?" Weston asks, engulfing me in a hug.

"Somewhere special," I say. Nobody can find out about my treehouse.

Nobody knows, well, now what's his face knows.

"Precious don't go out by yourself," Daniel said clearly worried. I sigh and run up to my room and grab my ukulele.

I start to sing a song that I wrote.

In the middle of the song I hear someone join me with their ukulele and start to sing along with me.

Daniel.

My heart starts to warm as he sings along to the song.

Once we finish the song, Daniel and I started laughing. "I'm sorry about the pool thing," Daniel says.

His apology actually sounds sincere.

"You and Weston left me," I mumbled. I felt like a little kid again, but I didn't appreciate being thrown into the pool. It wasn't exactly too warm outside either.

"Aww, Precious. We won't leave you ever again, we love you so much," Daniel whispered pulling me into his lap. This was a often occurrence for me because my brothers thought I was a baby still.

I'm not a baby, it's comforting though.

I snuggle into Daniel.

"Hey, is that my sweatshirt?" Daniel asks lifting an eyebrow.

"Uh no," I say turning around. Bad move, Isabella.

"Are you sure because it clearly says 'Daniel' on the back," he says laughing.

"That says Isabella," I say pointing to the back.

"Whatever you say Bellz," he walks across the hallways towards his room.

I play my ukulele some more.

Send my love to your new lover

Treat her better

We've gotta let go of all of our ghosts