Chapter 09 - Moving

Hi guys! How are you? Enjoying the story so far? Comment and vote!

---

Thomas's POV

I wake up as the alarm started to ring. I had breakfast and without delay, I ran to the ammunition room and started to pick up the weapons at what I am good at. I had a blue backpack which had neon green stripes. It matched my shirt and I was very happy 'bout it. I stared at the weapons for a long time to analyse them. To check whether the weapons I took would suit me. Whether I was comfortable with them or not.

After a good 5 minutes , I decided to take five grenades, a machete and a gun. My bag became insanely heavy after that. My shoulders were burning. I could already feel the ache and the thought of carrying it for hours horrifies me.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the one and only Asian boy who gets all of the girls. Minho.

"You done?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"What did ya take?" He asked while staring at the weapons.

"Just some guns and machetes blah blah."

"Well I already know what I'm goin' to take." He said with a grin.

"What?" I asked.

He goes up to the sword section and starts picking up daggers. He hid one in each shoes. He hid them in his backpack too. Then , he took as many grenades as possible in his backpack , and then he took a launcher is his hands.

"All ready." He said with a look saying 'can you beat this?'.

I was so pissed off that I started to take more grenades and filling them in my backpack. Damn , it became heavier. But I did not give up. I did not want people think that I am the weaker one. I started walking towards Brenda.

"Looks like you're already tired." Brenda says , looking up to me.

"No I'm not." I lie. Denying the fact that my back feels like it has been broken into pieces. How does Minho shucking do that? It is so freakin' heavy! He's way tougher than he looks. I must say , I am jealous of him. But still , he is like my brother. He is very brotherly to me. I think I am too.

Minho's POV

I get called to the meeting room to tell everyone to be ready in thirty minutes , because after that we were going to leave for Boulder. I catch up to Thomas to tell him 'bout it. He seems to be deep in his thoughts. I went over to snap him out of it. "Hey shuckface."

"Hi slinthead." He mocks me.

"Yo , tell everyone that we are leaving in thirty minutes. Tell them to come to the entrance."

"Okay. Whatever you say." He says in a fancy voice.

"I'm going to inform people over there." I say as I make my way to Rachel , who was sitting peacefully , resting her back on the trunk of a tree.

"You're just trying to find a way to talk to that girl. What's her name? Oh yeah Rachel!" Thomas says with a smirk.
I ignore him , but then it gets worse. "Minho and Rachel in a tree! K-I-S-S-I---" But before he could finish , I run over to him and punched him in his stomach. "Ow!"

"That's what you get." I say and then make my way to Rachel.

---

"Hey Shortie!" I call out as I sit beside her. Our shoulders touching.

"Seriously? That's what you came up with?"

"Yeah. Don't ya like it?"

"Yeah. It's kinda cute." She nods looking straight in my eyes. We were like that for a second or two and then we looked away. Well after we looked away , it became really awkward. So then I decided to tell her what I came here to tell her. "So we leave in twenty - five minutes. Get ready."

"Why will I get ready?"

"Because you have to. Do you have any weapons with you?" I say with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah. I do."

"Show me." I say. A part of me told me that she was lying.

"Okay I don't." She pouted.

"Take these." I say while giving her the daggers which I hid in my shoes.

She smiled taking them from my hand. She had a small backpack so I kept them there. "Thank you." She said.

"Pfft no problem." I say while making eye contact. I realised how beautiful she looked when she smiles. I wish if I could pause the time and just look at it forever. Well , that was cheesy. But I was truly amazed.

"I'll be back." I say and walking away because time was running out and I had to inform everybody.

I turned back and saw that she was walking away. She looked at me and then she turned her head back.