Chapter 28 - Gone Again

Thomas's POV

"Minho what did you find?" I said going up to him. His eyes remained glued to the screen of a particular TV. He stared in shock. "What happened?" I asked him again, shaking him. He did nothing but pointed to a boy. Not just any boy, but a boy who looked like Newt.

I narrowed my eyes to see more clearly. I suddenly trembled to the floor when I realised that it was Newt. I stared at the floor with my mouth hanging open. I couldn't quite process what actually was happening. Minho stood there, lifelessly still.

I don't actually know how he is still alive. Not that I did not appreciate it, but I felt him fall to the ground as I made my way to the van that time. It brought tears to my eyes when I thought about shooting him. That thought disgusted me. Every part of me suddenly felt like it hated my body. And seeing him alive now made it worse.

"We gotta stop them." I uttered quietly. Minho changed his gaze to me. "We gotta stop them Minho!" I shouted as I stood up.

"The Right Arm will start attacking back in any moment. We have to stop before they hurt Newt!" I said making a run for the emergency room.

***

I spotted Vince and the others right away. "Vince!" I shouted. That guy turned to me as he excused himself from talking to another man. "Stop don't attack!"

He gave me a very confusing look. "What are you talking about?"

"No please. There's my friend with them." I practically begged.

"Sorry too late, kiddo." He said.

Then I heard a huge bang which took a whole berg down. I decided to run over to the main room again to see if Newt is still alive.

It took me some time to realise that WICKED had only hit us once, which did not cause a lot of damage. Some rooms may be damaged but the best thing was nobody had died. I wonder why they did that.

***

When I reached the main room, I heard Minho screaming. "No! No! What are they doing!?"

He looked damaged. His hair was sticking out from all of the places and his eyes were trembling.

"What happened?" I ask calmly.

"They are going away." He said. "They are gone. Newt is gone."

"Where are they going?" I asked as I analyse the screens.

"To their hidden place I guess." He said quietly.

I suddenly got the idea to follow them. Then we would be able to know why they are doing such things. "We have to follow them." I blurt out.

"But what about the others?" He speaks with a confused tone. "Don't they have to know?"

"No. We will go alone and find out the resin behind this." Minho nodded, and then smirks. "Alright. Grab weapons because we leave now. Immediately."