Chapter 15 - Wrong

Minho's POV

Rachel's my friend. Isn't she? Yep, she is. I mean what she could possibly be rather than a friend. She's got that shuckin' Nathan kid anyway. It's been a day after that trauma she had. The whole 'Nathan' thing was still buggin' me. Why was it buggin' me? I don't know. It's none of my business anyway.

"Hi." Thomas said with a two plates of breakfast, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What do ya need?" I said.

"Just givin' ya breakfast." He said handing me a plate. Breakfast usually contained bread and eggs, but today it had pancakes. I was pleased to eat something different, for once at least.

"So what're you thinking to do today?" Thomas said as he takes a big piece of the pancake in his mouth.

"I wanna rest for a day." I say as I stuff my mouth with the food. "Unless something happens."

"Don't worry. She's not goin' to ask ya out." Thomas said indirectly pointing at Rachel.

"What?! No! I didn't mean it like that!" I say as I get up, feeling disgusted by him. "J-Just go back to Brenda." I say and I walk away. Why did he say that? Does she actually like me? She's just a friend. Isn't she? She already has someone in her life. Nathan. I don't know why but I just keep getting this weird vibe from him. I don't know who he is, how he looks like, or even the fact that if Rachel and him are a thing.

"Spikehead!" I hear a familiar voice say. Rachel. I turn around and see her running towards me.

"Hi Shortie." I say and after a few seconds I realise that she was running, which she shouldn't do because of her condition. "Slow down!" I say next. "You shouldn't be running."

"Why care 'bout me?" She said with a smirk.

"Because you're ma friend." I said with a smile. A genuine one.

"Oh really?"

"Yep."

"You hardly know me." She said.

"Why? Can't I be your friend?" I say with a sarcastic puppy face.

"No I mean--"

"I understand you think we're more than friends." I sarcastically chuckle. "Nah, you're not my type. Think of somethin' else." I blurt out. Why did I say it? Now she thinks that I'm an asshole.

Her shoulders slumped and she gave me a fake smile. I knew that it was fake,  because when she really smiles, her face lits up unnaturally. I don't know how to describe it. Sorry for being cheesy. I am a pile of klunk anyway.

"Sorry. I didn't mean it like that." I say.

She raised her eyebrows at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You are apologising?"

"Yeah why?"

"No. Nothing."

"Wh--" I was cut off by someone. Thomas.

"Minho! It's important!" He shouted with a concerned look.

I ran up to him in a normal pace. "What?"

"Something's wrong. With the berg."