Chapter 17 - Jump

Minho's POV

The berg was shaking. We were crashing. I looked up to Thomas, his eyes filled with a combination of surprise and fear. There was nothing to do. We could only hope to stay safe.

The emergency alarm went off. We had to be evacuated.

I ran to the main room, where everyone was ready for jumping off the plane. They had parachutes on their backs.

"Here." Thomas said handing me a parachute. I set it up on my back, joining the others.

I saw Sonya and Harriet talking to each other. I don't usually see them around. I don't particularly see anyone from Group B. Not even Aris after the whole incident with Thomas. I didn't trust that boy from the beginning. I don't like to admit it, but I think I have trust issues. Not in the emotional way but in the angry way. I don't trust everybody. I don't even trust half of the people standing around me.

A shrill sound cut me off my thoughts. The main door of the berg was opening.

"Alright everyone. Hold onto someone and jump. We don't want you guys to be completely lost by yourselves. You better hurry. As soon as you're done, jump off the berg."

I looked over to Thomas who was already holding hands with Brenda. So I looked around for a partner who's capable of me, and I immediately came to a conclusion. Rachel. She was fixing her parachute.

I saw her in a distant but near place, standing there alone. It was almost as if she was waiting for me to come over. A girl came over to her and told her something, but she shook her head.

"Shortie!" I called out. She looked at me, then smiled.

"Spikehead!" She shouted back at me, taking steps towards me.

As soon as we got close enough to talk, I smiled at her. "Partners?" I asked.

"Okay, if you insist." She said, reaching out to hold my hand.

"Oh, you'll love it." I said with a smirk.

"What?" She said with a confused look.

"Getting lost with me, in a deep deep forest." I took a step closer to her, my breath touching her skin. "Alone." I whispered jokingly.

She was flushed red. It was as if her cheeks were on fire. It was so funny that I couldn't control my laughter.

"You thought I was serious?!" I said between laughs.

"Haha so funny." She said trying to be sarcastic. But her sarcastic self was more hilarious. I started to laugh even more.

"You tryin' to be sarcastic with ME?" I said. "Just don't try it. It doesn't suit you." I smiled sheepishly at her.

She sent me a fake smile back.

I looked around to see people jumping now and then.

"Guess it's our cue." I said walking over to the very edge.

"Okay then." She said. I could see that she was scared. As for me, I don't like to admit it, but I was scared too.

"Be careful. Don't die."

With these words we jumped.