Chapter 18 - Lost

Thomas's POV

When Brenda and I jumped, our bodies were shot with coldness. As if an explosion which gave off ice, was blown. Brenda was holding on to me tight, scared of letting go. We were falling down, now I could see trees. Loads of them. It was a forest, and we were about to get lost there. I just hope we find Minho.

Speaking of Minho, with whom did he partner up? I guess he was with Rachel.  I realised that I was smirking in the middle of the sky, when I was supposed to be scared.

"Open your parachute!" I hear Brenda shout as she opened hers.

I quickly did the steps as we were instructed to, opening mine.

We were pulled upwards for some seconds, then we were in a steady pace for landing.

The ground was getting closer and before I even realise, I landed on the ground briskly. I looked around to see the forest. It was dark yet enchanted. It reminded me the times of the Glade, where the Deadheads were. It was a few months ago but it felt like ages. I don't like to admit it, but I did miss that place.

It took me a few moments before I realised that there were no signs of Brenda.

I was lost.
___________________________

Minho's POV

Rachel was holding onto me tight, literally squeezing my hand to bits. It was as if she was scared of letting go. I don't know why, but I know that something from her past was bothering her. What could possibly happen to a girl with such a great smile? I can only wonder. Maybe it's something to do with Nathan. I was jealous of him even though I don't know what type of relationship they had.

We were floating in the air. Now I could see Rachel smiling. She was looking at me. I smiled back at her. She said something but for the air it was barely audible.

I looked down, and now I could see trees. It was as if someone splashed the green paint over a blank page. It was beautiful. We were running out of time, so I though that it was best to open our parachutes.

"It's time!" I shouted at Rachel. She nodded and began to open it.

I was busy with my parachute when I heard Rachel shout.

"It won't open!' She said. My heart race became faster. She had nothing to rely on now. Then, I pulled her towards me.

"Hold onto me!" I ordered. She nodded, throwing her hands around my neck and her legs around my waist, burying her face on my shoulder.

I started working on my parachute and opened it. We were pulled upwards for a moment then we began to slow down to have a steady landing.

"Don't let go." I whispered to Rachel.

"I won't." She chuckled.

The ground was nearer now, and I was ready to have a steady landing.

Unfortunately, for the weight on my shoulders, not that I'm complaining, but for that it caused me to lose balance and making me land on top of Rachel, with the parachute on top of us.

She and I were laughing now, ignoring the awkward position we were in.

"That was awesome!" She exclaimed.

"I liked it too. Despite the fact that you were about to die." I said chuckling.

I rolled over to the side and got the parachute thing off us. I looked over my digital watch which was provided by WICKED. I wonder how long I had this on my hand. It was seven o'clock at the evening.

"Get up." I said helping Rachel to stand.

"Seriously?" She pouted.

"Seriously." I say and start walking.

"You know you can be really boring sometimes."

"And how is it?"

"Why are you so serious?"

"Because we don't have much time." I say. "Now stay close to me." I say reaching my hand to hold hers.

She smiled and held my hand. We started walking again.