Chapter 22 - Boulder Pt.2

Minho's POV

I was surprised to see that Boulder was exactly the same as Denver. There were walls guiding the place which made me think of the Glade. I guess there will be the weird checking too.

"Come on slintheads." I said by making a run for it. I turned my head around to see if the guys followed, and saw that Brenda was limping. It brought back so many memories of Newt.

As we went nearer the boundary, I saw that a berg was placed right outside the boundary. I guess that was the other berg, which was not damaged like our one. I guess the people from there had already reached the minor camps.

The berg reminded me that it was the last place I had seen Newt. The last time before he turned into a monstrous cannibal and died. I miss him so bad that I cannot describe it in words. It's actually so painful to realise that the people who guided you had died. And the main thing but the whole Newt thing is Thomas, whom I thought was my only friend who was trustworthy enough, had lied to me. I couldn't even think of lying to Thomas. He is a brother to me.

"What're you thinkin' about?" Someone said snapping me out of my thoughts. It was Rachel.

"Oh nothing." I replied sending her a smile as we ran. Shuck, Boulder was still far enough to cause me to get tired.

"Of course it's nothing." She muttered loudly enough for me to hear. I laughed.

"It's something I don't wanna talk 'bout." I said.

She grew quiet. I realised that she had taken it the wrong way. But I still didn't think that telling her everything 'bout Newt would make things better. I tried to change the subject. "So u tired?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yep. I just want a bed to sleep on now." Thomas answered I don't know why.

"Not you shuckface." I snapped giving him a look.

"Oo Rachel." He said in such a tone that caused me to blush.

"My feet are killing me now." Rachel said. I sensed that she was trying to avoid that subject as much as I was trying.

"Do you need a hand?" I smirked sheepishly.

"No, Mr.Perfect Hair." She said to me. "I'm tougher than I look. You looked tired." She said mocking me.

"Pfft." I put my hands up in defence. "I'm a runner. I have much more energy in me than you can have in two days." I said.

And for a fact, I know that I love snappy comebacks more than ice cream.