Chapter 19 - Lost Pt.2

Thomas's POV

"Brenda?" I called out.

I heard no response.

"Brenda!" I cried out.

This time u started looking for her. I searched behind bushes. Behind trees. I couldn't find her. Anywhere.

I was breathing heavily. I was panting. I didn't know what to do. I started running.

Where was she? Was she hurt? Why wasn't she responding? A thousands of questions attacked me. I tried my best to push them away, but it didn't seem to help.

I was running fast. I wasn't looking anywhere. I couldn't find anybody. Not even a single person.

I wished to bump into somebody on my way. But I obviously wasn't that lucky.
I was angry. I didn't even know when she got separated from me. This was driving me crazy.

A shot of emotions hit me at the same time. Sadness, anger, terror and so on. I didn't know what I was doing until I tripped over something, which caused me to fall right on my face.

"Ow!" I said. A bruise was formed on my forehead. I could feel it. I wondered if it looked horrible. If it did look horrible Minho would burn the hell out of me.

I got up, and sat down. It took me some seconds to process that I had tripped over a person. It looked like a girl. Oh, it was a girl. I'm so stupid.

I stood up, to see if the girl was alive or not. I analysed her quickly with my head a little bent to the left, my eyebrows raised.

I turned the girl's body a little to see if I could recognise her. Her face surprised me. I had a huge smile on my face with my mouth open. It was her. It was Brenda.

"Y-You are alive!" I literally shouted.

She groaned, as if she was in pain.

"What?" I said in a low voice, calming myself down. "What happened?" I asked again with a concerned look.

She pointed at her leg. There was blood. I realised that her wound didn't heal properly. It was like days ago. A wound would take more days to heal. With no further ado, I tore a piece of my shirt and wrapped it around her wound.

I think the wound got hit by something when she landed and caused blood loss. I helped her to get up, and realised that she was limping a bit. Limp. This word brought back so many memories. Newt.

I remember to notice the limp Newt had back in the Glade. I never dared to ask him 'bout that. But he told me in his last seconds. I still had that guilt inside me. It was killing myself.

"What were you doing?" Brenda said interrupting my thoughts.

"I was panicked because I couldn't find you."

She laughed, making fun of me. "So where to?" She said after a while of embarrassing me.

I looked at my digital watch. Thanks to WICKED for creating such a watch which could give us directions to locations. My destination was fixed from the beginning. Boulder.

"About 50 miles." I answered.

"Let's get to it then." Brenda said before she started walking. I tagged by her, holding her hand.

I stopped when I saw a tall figure, with muscular arms and spiky hair in front of us. Minho.

___________________________

So I have to tell ya guys something. I have been in London for a few days. I'll be leaving tomorrow, returning to Manchester.

I am moving to a new house there and I think I won't be able to publish chapters for a while because of no internet. So when I will be able to again, I'll post many chapters together hopefully.  

I'm sorry!

Comment and vote!