Chapter 10 - Cranks

Minho's POV

We were standing at the entrance when I realise that I had given two of my daggers to Rachel. So I decided to go to the ammunition room for more two of those. There was only five minutes left , so I had to be as quick as possible.

I ran over and analysed some of the daggers. Then I took two of them. Just before I began to put them in the side of my shoes , I hear a noise. It's something I have heard before. It's something very familiar. I kept the daggers in my hand , which were clenched into fists now. Then my eyes widen as I come to the realisation. I looked around but it was silent again. And the last time I turn my head I feel something jump on top of me. His hair was covered with blood. His eyes filled with madness. He had bruises and cuts all over his body. He was a crank.

Good thing I had the daggers with me. I struggled a couple of seconds but then I was finally able to stab the dagger into his stomach. He screamed , as I got up and ran to inform everybody. The sounds became faint and soon they disappeared.

Now I could hear a girl screaming. "Help me! HELP ME!" I began to search the girl the sounds were getting close as I ran south , and soon I saw a girl struggling with a crank on top of her. Little did I know , it was Rachel. I stabbed the crank thrice and it was soon dead. This place is going to be attacked by cranks soon. Rachel was screaming in pain. The crank had bit the side of her neck. She had bruises in her body. Her shirt had been torn from right over her belly button. She had a huge cut on her waist which was bleeding.

I picked her up in my arms. She immediately put her hands behind my neck and dug her face in my chest. She was crying. My shirt became a little wet from her teardrops. "It's okay." I said trying to comfort her. "I will keep you safe remember?"

She nodded. "It's okay. You're safe now." I whisper.

I kissed her forehead after that. Why did I do that? I don't know. Was it the right thing to do? Ugh I feel embarrassed now. Maybe she will forget that.