Chapter 21 - Boulder

Thomas's POV

"Wake up, shuckface!" Was the first thing I had heard this morning. Minho was kicking my back with his foot and yelling at me. I was too tired to get up.

I slightly opened my eyes and saw Minho standing beside me. "What?" I said in a croaky voice. I was so pissed off. Who wakes people up when the sun's also half asleep?

"Wake Brenda up." He said walking over to Rachel.

I watched as he woke Rachel up, slowly and gently, the opposite of the way he woke me up. Man, he is good with girls. He smiled when Rachel was awake. He also helped her to get up. I don't know from where he gets these mood swings. At first, he's annoying as hell, after that, he's a true gentleman.

I got up and scoot over to Brenda. I placed a soft kiss on her cheek. "Hey, wake up." I whispered in her ears.

Surprisingly, she woke up. I always knew that she was a light sleeper. She would wake up at the faintest sounds.

She yawned and stretched her arms as she opened her eyes. She looked adorable. I always loved it when she woke up. She had baggy eyes and dark circles. I loved her like that.

"Rise and shine." I said.

"G'morning." She replied in her morning breath.

I kissed her first. I didn't mind her morning breath as I had too. "Mornin'."
I said.

I stood up after that and gave a hand for her to get up. She held it and got up. "Breakfast?" She questioned me.

"I... don't know." I said. "We've run out of food. I guess."

She frowns, but then sighs. "Look, I am sorry. But we will reach Boulder at the end of the day." I assure her.

"Guess I've to wait." She answered. I nod and then smile at her. She smiles back.

"Yo, enough of the lovey-dovey and start walking. We have like a few miles to go and we'll reach Boulder." Minho ordered as he checked his watch and started talking to Rachel, who was smiling. I loved to admit it that he was jealous of Brenda and I.

"Oi!" I yelled at the both of them. "Start walking." I smirk at Minho. He rolled his eyes at me and started walking.

I laced my hands with Brenda's one. We smiled back at each other and then started walking.

I realised that Brenda and I have much more spare time for each other. But honestly, now I'm just waiting for us to live normal lives. I wonder how that is. We barely got a break from WICKED. I hate that association and the people associated with it. Count me in too. I disgust myself.

---

We were walking for four hours, until Minho stopped us as he stared at somethin'.

I walked up to him as he was leading us. "Hey why did you..." I trailed off as I stared at what he was staring the whole time.

Boulder.