Chapter 12 - Life Or Death?

Minho's POV

'She might not live."

These words echoed in my head. I tried to say that she will live.

'There is a chance of her living.' I thought.

'She will live.'

'She will fight her way through this.'

But the words from earlier kept coming back to me. I did my best to push them away but they still found their way back.

Now I had nothin' to do except hope. She became a great friend of mine, and I felt comfortable to share things with her. I don't know why. I have mutual feelings for her. One says I like her more than friends and the other says that she is just looking for a good friend to rely on.

They had lifted her up and she had been placed in a bed to treat her. Or save her. I sat down on the floor, hugging my knees to my chest. I was thinking 'bout it. 'What will happen if she dies?' I thought. But then I realised I lacked confidence so I tried to man up. I kept murmuring 'She will live.' to myself. I

I stood up , deciding to meet her. When I was on the door , I saw her. There was people around her. They were giving her injections and other things. A surge of guilt flowed through me. Thinking that I could've reached there quickly. This is all my fault. My eyes started to become glossy.

"She is improving." Brenda said interrupting my thoughts. "Be happy." She smiled a patted my shoulder as she walks away. One by one , everyone left. Leaving Rachel alone in the room with me. I walk towards her bed and sit on the tool beside the bed. Then , I gather the courage to take her hand in mine. It seemed to fit perfectly in mine , even though my hands are big and her's are tiny. It sent shivers all over my body , making me blush. I started talking to her. Even though I knew that she couldn't listen. "Hi. Shortie." I chuckle.

"How're ya feeling? I hope you hear all this." I say , bringing her hand more closer. "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. This was all my fault. I could've reached there more quickly , but I chose not too. They said you might not live. Please don't do that. I finally had another 'friend' except Thomas. Please live. For me." This actually formed teardrops in my eyes. "Damn I am shuckin' crying too much these days. Look what've ya done to me." I joked.

"It's your choice." I said. "Life or Death Shortie?"

By these words I let her hand go and walked away. I couldn't do it. I couldn't let her break me down like that. I couldn't. She had become my weakness.