Ch. 5

I call my clients and they are less than pleased but I talk them through and make them appointments with other psychologists for the next couple of months. This took me over five hours. Not good, at all. I was already dead so I drove home and put on some lounge wear before I called Niall.

Hey you he answered and my heart started beating rather fast.  

"Hey so I am going to text you my address so you can come and save me."

I'm ready to be the white knight. I hear him chuckle. 

"And just text me when you get here so you don't come up stairs and my roommate sees you cause that would be bad."

Ok, well pack to be spending the night. I'll have you back at your place tomorrow morning so you can pack for the tour but your spendin' the night no matter what you say. 

"No arguments here, see you in a bit," I say before hanging up and texting him my address. I throw some clothes for tomorrow and my toiletries. I have a medium sized sac that I have everything in and I decide to break the news to Tess about me having to leave. 

"TTTEEEEESSSSSSSS" I yell as I walk into the living room.

"What's up lovey," she says from the kitchen.

"So um... how do I put this." I say trying to figure out how to rip the band-aid off with minimal pain. 

"Just tell me and we'll deal with it. You know that works best for me."

"Fine. I have to go on tour with the clients and it's going to be for two months in the US. And it starts in tomorrow." I say calmly hoping that she will have some of my calm trnsfered over to her. Which is physically impossible but it's a thought. 

"You're serious?" she says and I know the disappointment in her voice.

"I'm so sorry the person who hired me is to tough to negotiate with  and I'll still pay for my half of the rent and everything." I say knowing that without my half she wouldn't be able to keep the flat.

"I kow you will, it'll just be lonely. It's a great oppotunity for you to see your clients in a different arena than what you are used to. I'm glad you told me no though as aopposed to tomorrow. Cause I would've kicked your ass if you did that," she laughs.

I smile and I feel my phone vibrate. 

"Well I am off to go on a date, I will see you tomorrow," I smile.

"You're going like that?" she says indicating to my yoga pants, long sleeved top and fuzzy boots.

"We're watching movies and ordering take-away at his place," I say as I grab my overnight bag.

"Ok, be safe and use protection!" she yells as I walk out the door. I roll my eyes and walk down to the only car that is still running. 

I get into the nice warm car and smile at the boy in the drivers seat. My psychologist side is analyzing everything in a split second. 

His car isn't exceedingly fancy meaning that he doesn't show off his money to the world. The placement of his hands on the wheel indicate that he is comfortable driving this car and he finds driving to relieve stress. The smell of the vehicle tells me that he has frequented Nando's way too much. The fifth CD slot contains his favorite CD due to the number five on the button is worn down and almost unreadable. 

"Hope you had a relaxing day." He says pulling away from the complex.

"No it was horrible due to having to get people to calmly go see a new therapist. And I had other stuff and I just want to shut off every one of my senses and just "veg" as people call it." I say closing my eyes and leaning my head against the head rest.