Ch. 23

Beth's POV

I look at the boy and I know that I can't lie to him. But I have to protect the boys, well this is going to be a good explanation. 

"Are you a shrink?" He asks again and I finally formulate an answer.

"Yeah I am, Niall was nice enough to get me out of my office, due to my work load becoming a little too heavy," that was a great lie becuase it had truth in it. 

"Oh, then who were you on the phone with?" he says sitting next to me. 

"A patient was being misdiagnosed and so I had to get her moved to another person while I am away. I care a lot about my clients," I say trying to make that clear. 

"It seemed like it. You don't seem like a shrink from the appearence you give," for some reason I am not jumping down his throat for saying that. Maybe it's because he is not saying that as if I am the enemy. 

"Yeah, I specialize in the treatment of those under 30."

"Ah, well that's really cool. So you miss your clients?"

"Sort of, I mean I am glad to have a break but I miss not being able to make sure that they are being taken care of correctly."

"So why did you get so worried when you saw me?" That I was not expecting. 

"The boys don't necessarily like what I do," which was not a lie.

"Why it's not like you're here to be their shrink," oh he was so wrong. 

"Yeah, they just think I'm a bit of a robot," I smile weakly. 

"I don't think that, I mean you act pretty human to me," he laughs and I want to hug him so badly cause he doesn't care what I am. 

"Thank you, you have no idea what it has been like with most the boys thinking I have no real emotions." I actually hug him and it feels great. I really needed this, and his hugs are officially my favorite, minus Niall.   

"Well that's weird."

"Why?"

"Cause you should have heard them last night, it was so funny. You made quite the impression with that dress of yours. I mean I saw you and Niall," That is when my heart rate went up drastially.

"We're friends," I say not want anyone to know, not even someone who honestly doesn't care about my career.

 "Well that might be what you think, but the way he was looking at you and holding you, it looked like he wants more."

"Did anyone else see that?"

"No, I was at the bar with Liam just talking when I saw you two." I let out a sigh of relief inside me. 

"Ok, well you should probably go back to your mates or else they might wonder where you went off to," I smile at him and he smiles as he gets up to leave, 

"If I need to could I talk to you?" He asks me. 

"Of course, and could you not tell anybody about what I am. I don't want that to tint any ideas about who I am."  I say standing up.

"Of course, I gotcha," he winks at me, smiles and leaves. I sit down and I think I just made a friend on the tour, that knows what I am and doesn't care. I throw my head back and I smile to myself. I never cease to amaze at the differing of personalities within people. It's quite beautiful to be quite honest. 

"BETH?!" I hear someone yell my name and so I go in the direction of the voice. I then walk out onto the big stage. I see One Direction and 5SOS there and I walk over there.