Ch. 9

Beth's POV 

Best night of my life. Honestly last night I slept better than I ever have in years. After mine and Niall's round two on the couh we did atually watch the movie and I fell asleep on the couch. Then when I woke up Niall had brought me into his room. I woke with his arm around my waist and pulled close to his body. 

I had to leave so I woke him up and had him drive me back to my place so I could pack. I'm still in Niall's dress shirt as we make it to my place. My tank top was not recovered which absolutely sucks, but we can find it tonight hopefully. 

"So should I pick you up around... 7?" Niall asks as we pull into my complex. 

"How about I drive to your place. It might be less suspicious if you show up on my own as opposed to with you. The boys might think something's up." I say before placng a soft kiss on his lips. 

"Alright. See you tonight," he says before I get out of the car. I close the door and watch him drive away. I walk up to my flat and walk into see Tess watching netflix. 

"Look who's doing the walk of shame," she laughs as she claps.

"Oh I don't care about the teasing. I simply don't care. I gotta go pack so yeah. If you'd like to help that would be wonderful," I smile at her as I head up the small amout of steps to my room. 

"So how was it?" She asks as she quickly follows me.

"Unbelieveable," I say breathless as I get into my room. I grab the two big douffles from the area behind my chaise. 

"Seriously? You got laid didn't you?" she gets excited because she is in a slump with her boyfriend and just likes hearing about the dirty shit that goes on in my life. 

"Dear lord is that all you care about?" I laugh.

"Yeah actually," she says after thinking for a minute. 

"To anwer your question yes I did. But the thing is, I didn't care about the sex." I say and she grows wide eyed.

"What? You meaning to tell me that this guy isn't like the last one who was simply fuck buddies with you?"

"Yeah, we talked and it was great actually. He made me laugh like I haven't done in a while." I say while pulling out my clothes. It's early August and it would be cooler in the states. So I basically decide to throw all my sweaters into my bag along with my jeans and 4 of  my pencil skirts and the matching jackets and an assorted colors of button up shirts. 

"Are there going to be attractive guys on the tour?" Tess asks as she goes into my closet?

"Tess what are you getting at?" I as as I fold the things and place them into one of my bags.

"I was thinking that the individuals you'll be on tour with will probably want to go to a club," she pulls out the infamous little black dresses. I keep several due to not wanting to wear the same one twice with the same person. 

"You want me to bring the dresses?" I ask knowing that I'd use them.

"Definitely," she says smiling. 

"All of them?" I ask as she pulls all of them out.

"Yeah, definitely yes." She takes them all off their hangers and places thm into a doufel.

"Tess there are 16 of those," I laugh.

"You honestly need to get lain more often cause you are always so happy afterwards," she smiles.

"Oh shut up," I laugh and continue to fold clothes and place them into my bag. 

"So you leaving tonight?" she asks.

"No, I am actually going that guy's house again tonight and then I am leaving in the morning."

"So I am left to my own devices tonight?" she asks looking at me. 

"Yeah, don't go to crazy ok?" I laugh as she helps me pack. 

"I won't," she laughed and we just continued packing. This took about three hours. I packed up my laptop and other electronics into a bag, though my laptop and charger went into my Kenith Cole dark brown leather laptop bag that my mom bought for me for Christmas before I went off to college. 

I hear the door open downstairs but I think nothing of it. I continue to get stuff ready and then I have everything packed so I head downstairs with two douffles and don't see who the guest is. I place my bags in the car then head back upstairs. Tess is nowhere so I go get my laptop bag when the boyfriend from hell is at the top of the steps. 

"Hey Beth," Max says smiling. God I did not like him. 

"I told you to call my either Dr. Riley or Elizabeth." I say. I have met him but Tess doesn't know that I have. I collaborated on his case with another doctor before he left the treatment. 

"Why can't I call you Beth? I mean I am banging your best friend?" he says following me into my room.

"Only people who I actually like are allowed to call me that."

"I am way better than you think I am Beth. You just had to blow my diagnosis out of proportion. So this is going to my revenge," he has a devilish smirk.  "BETH YOU ARE AN OVER ANALYTICAL PRISS!" He yells as he heads down the steps.

"Woah what the hell?" Tess says coming over to Max. 

"He is trying to make a situation about him even though it had nothing to do with him personally, just the state of his mind." I say as I put my laptop bag around my neck. I check my purse and make sure I have my wallet, ID, Passport and other essentials while Tess is questioning me. 

"What do you mean his state of mind?" she sounded pissed. She hated when I analyzed her boyfriends. 

"I did a study on him a while back before you were dating," I say looking her straight in the eye and being compltely blunt. 

"YOU WHAT?!?!" She yells and I walk outside. "Come back here BETH!"

"I am not going to discuss this with you while your brain is being clouded with irrational amounts of anger."

"I'm fine but what the hell do you mean you did a study?" she was furious so I had to remain calm. 

"He was in a group of individuals who I had to asses, and he came out as having Histeronic Personality Disorder."

"You can't just tell somone that out of no where! And how are you not being defensive?!" she was furious so I just turned emotions completely off.

"Would you rather me be irrational and say things I'll regret saying?" 

"You are such a freak you know that? You can shut your emotions off when you're with people and telling them things and it's at the most horrible times. I mean honestly this is where you should be yelling back at me! I've stuck with you through everything and now you are telling me that Max has a personality disorder and you are acting like a fucking robot! God you know what I'm glad your leaving for a while. It'll probably give you time to find out that emotions aren't the fucking enemy!" I shoed no emotion. My face was blank as I took this yelling at from my best friend. 

"You done?" I question looking her straight in the eye. 

"God you are a fucking robot and a freak. Now I have to break up with Max because I am not dealing with a personality disorder... AGAIN! God you have to ruin every relationship I have because you have to fucking over analyze every fucking thing!" she finishes before going back inside. I see the door slam in my face and I continue to supress my emotions as I get into my mini cooper.

I pull out of my usual parking spot and drive to Niall's as I feel a single  tear begin to fal down my cheek.