Iceland's Licorice

In your hand you pulled out from the black hat a...piece of red licorice.

Wait, what?

"Does anyone know whose licorice is this?" you asked around, looking at the piece of candy in your hand to see if it was eaten before placed in the black hat.

All the nations were looking at each other and some shook their heads while some just shrugged. Alfred looked around the room like a hawk until he pointed accusingly at the group from the far side of the corner, a group which happens to be the Nordics family.

You could see one of them chuckling except the extremely tall blond haired guy who stood in front of your choice.

When he moved aside, there stood a confused boy with silver-white hair and violet eyes that shot right at you suddenly.

"___," you heard Alfred whisper from behind, close to your ear. "Looks like you got your crush to-"

Before he could finish his sentence, you stomped on his foot with your heel that made him shriek in pain, and you chuckled darkly for his 'misfortune' of his pain-striking injury.

Yes, you admit that you have a desirable affection for Emil, who in turn doesn't seem to notice you in much way. You and he are good friends yet he has failed to see that you have a crush on him, which you wondered if he even has any clue about it at all.

Emil walked over to you, almost going to your side when out of nowhere you felt a huge push from behind that made you prepare yourself for a large crash to the floor. But luckily, Emil was there to grab you before you did, and you nearly gasped when you realized you are in Emil's arms.

Before you knew it, another huge push came and this time pushed the both of you inside the closet.

The whole room is dark without light at all, you just couldn't believe that you and Emil are inside this closet together. You laid on top of Emil and with your heart pumping unbearably, you prepared to get up when out of nowhere you felt the arms Emil had on you grew tighter around you as if not wanting to let go.

"Emil?"

"____, please don't let go,"

"Why?"

"I-I'm..."

"Afraid of the dark?" you finished his sentence and you felt his arms growing tighter around you.

Being the caring person you are, you allowed him to hold you for the remaining minutes you had together.

"Hmm?" you said, leaning your head slightly close to his chest.

"I want to tell you something important," he said. "And I want your honest answer."

You muffled a "okay" and you heard Emil speak to you coolly.

"I met this girl—" you nearly gasped but your mouth is covered by his chest "—and I want to go out with her. I don't know if I can convince her to let me go out with her, but I really like her. Do you think I can get her to go out with me?"

You couldn't breathe right—for a good reason—and you had the horrid feeling that Emil liked someone that wasn't you. You however knew that Emil has a mind of his own, and because of that, he has the right to make his choices...

Even if it means you letting him go.

"I think you should go out with her," you answered honestly, breathing his licorice scent deeply. "If she's the one you want to spend the rest of your life with, and if she can make you happy, then I think you should ask her."

Silence was all around the closet as you tried to fight back the annoying tears that sled down your eyes, and some dropped on Emil's clothes without knowing it at all.

"Hmm?" you said, trying your hardest not to cry.

"Will you go out with me?" he asked.

Wait...

What?

"That question I asked was really about you," he explained simply, "and I thought you would say something like 'What if she doesn't like you' and you'd confess to me. I didn't think you would say something like that."

You untangled yourself out of Emil's arms and stared at the dark figure from the bottom.

"You-you tricked me!" you accused Emil who sat upright on his butt, looking at you with oblivious eyes.

"I didn't," he said. "I was asking you a simple question." You then heard something opened and you smell a familiar scent in the air. "Licorice?"

Your hand automatically reached for the piece from the box and you brought it close to your lips, nibbling the top part of the candy that tasted sweet. For the next few minutes, the both of you remained in silence for most of the time, eating candy and, secretly, holding each other's hand for a long period of time until you heard the door slam wide open to see Alfred with a camera.

Alfred dropped his arm, the camera dangling in his hand. "No porn?" he groaned, leaving to the side for the both of you to get out.

Although you didn't expect much from inside the closet, you feel a little better about yourself as you started to let go of Emil's hand. But when your fingers started to slip off, Emil grabbed your hand tightly and wouldn't let go.

You looked up at Emil bewilderingly and he looked at you blankly. "I still want an answer from you, _."

You flushed bright pink—and not on purpose—because you thought that topic between you and him was over with. You had thought about being with Emil—but never more than just a friend—and the thought of being his girlfriend scared you slightly.

You took full hold of Emil's hand and smiled happily to him, saying, "I'll go out with you," you answered. "But won't your family start to bully you after they hear you have me as your girlfriend?"

Emil glanced across his family who were spying on him behind the large couch and he shrugged. "Let them bully me, I'm just glad I'll make one of them jealous that I have a girlfriend."

You smirked peevishly at him and said, "If they do bully you, I'll make sure to bully them with you!"

With that remark, Emil leaned his head forward and gave you a cute kiss on the cheek, creating a new foundation of pink flowing upon your cheeks. What came later was a bigger shock that made Emil blush also.

"EMIL'S GONNA GET LAID~!" Emil's Danish brother shouted from behind the couch.

~

A cute update for the lot of you~

Hope you enjoyed It and comment who you want to see next!

I'm now updating every Tuesday and Thursday if you didn't know!!

~ Mercay