two

phil

it has been atleast four hours since we've been sitting in this bus, which has started to smell like shoes and soil and crushed grass and i feel like throwing up. almost all the windows are drawn back, allowing a cool breeze to reciprocate in the packed bus, and the bus conductor told us that the camp is only an hour and a half away now.

i have already finished reading my book and played crossy road for half an hour and slept for a while, so there was nothing else left for me to do except stare out of the window, at the constantly moving greenery. tall buildings and crowded sidewalks are no longer to be seen, only the thick canopies of trees and gravelly roads crunching under the wide tyres of the bus.

my eyes sting a little from the strong wind but it's a pain that i will gladly accept, as the soft sounds of nature overtake the loud chatter in the bus.

i'm surprised that i'm not hungry, because the last time i had something was two hours ago when we stopped at a small breakfast cottage and dan paid for our food. the food was pretty crap to be honest, and the coffee tasted like sand but there wasn't any other option.

dan being the pig he is, has already eaten half of the instant packaged food that i bought, and if he asks for anymore i am actually going to stab him.

before i can proceed with my plan to murder dan, i feel his head hit my shoulder and his body shifting closer to mine.

and sure enough when i look across, one of his earbuds is hanging out of his ear, his pink lips are parted slightly and his breathing is heavy. i just pat his head, smoothing down his hair, and push the earbud back in his ear, turning my attention towards the window again, watching the landscape pass by in a blur.

although i don't necessarily like dan, we are pretty much comfortable with each other.

sure we can't hold conversations for more than two minutes but we can definitely sit in long congenial silences unlike other people. we simply don't bother with each other and so now, as dan's head rests peacefully in the crook of my neck, i don't disturb him.

instead i just avoid the inevitable argument that will take place if i wake him up, and try enjoying the piney scent of the brisk, fresh air that is drawing my hair away from my forehead.

--
why do i want a relationship like dan and phil's in this book(?) like i want unnecessary arguments and cuddling afterwards pls

(i promise that i'll update tomorrow)