twenty three

phil

"is this even allowed? or legal?" i scrunch my nose slightly as dan hands me a plastic cup full of alcohol, settling down close beside me on the grass, our arms pressed together as he brings his own cup to his mouth to take a sip.

"considering how gale and david are giggling like absolute annoying shits, i'm pretty sure this is allowed," he shrugs ignorantly, and i look towards the two male teachers almost stumbling over their feet, the bulkier one catching onto the leaner one's arm to steady him.

i take a sip of the bitter liquid, cringing slightly at the taste before pressing myself closer against dan, feeling the heat of alcohol quickly seeping into my stomach and making me feel warmer than i actually am.

we sit in comfortable silence for a while before a group of people, including dan's previous friends sit in a circle not very far from us, and harris jogs up to us as the rest of them drunkenly settle down on the almost dewy grass.

"oi dan! do you wanna play a game of truth and dare?" he asks, and i don't miss the way he completely ignores me. i don't really mind, i just roll my eyes at him and take another sip of my drink watching as dan flickers his gaze between harris and i.

"i mean.." he trails off, his voice slurred slightly. "i'm getting bored anyway so, sure," he shrugs, and harris grins at him, nodding his head and making his way over to the group again. i feel my heart sink a little as dan gets up slowly before looking at me and furrowing his eyebrows.

"hey, don't worry it's just one game, i'll be back," he ruffles my hair fondly and i smile at him half heartedly, nodding my head and crossing my legs under me. "you finish your drink till then,"

i do as dan suggested, resting my elbows on my knees and slowly sipping on the drink, my low tolerance for alcohol already signifying it's effect and making my thoughts airy.

i divert my eyes to dan, comfortably sat in a group of almost complete strangers, his curly hair sitting messily on his forehead and deep dimples indenting his flushed cheeks. he looks so much happier there than he looks with me.

i sigh loudly before getting up and gulping my drink in one go, making my way to the white table lined with a few bottles of cheap alcohol, and i pour a random one in my glass, making my way over to an isolated tree. i can still see dan from here so it's good, and i sit down on the grass once again before resting my back against the scratchy bark, pressing my lips to the rim of the glass as i watch dan.

a blonde girl is making her way over to dan, and when i look at his face, he's not smiling anymore. he looks slightly uncomfortable and he raises both his hands in front of him, shaking them as if he is protesting to whatever is happening, but then abel yells something and all the people burst into laughter, dan's cheeks flushing a deep red and embarrassment coating his features.

i look at the scenario slightly confused, and he huffs out a sigh before looking around, his eyes wandering to the place i was previously sat at, and i am about to raise my hand up and wave at him so he can notice me but before i can do that, the blonde girl is advancing towards him once more and his eyes are fixed on her instead.

i watch with parted lips as she straddles him and dan makes no move to push her away. he just grips her waist with shaky hands and before i can comprehend, the girl is winding her fingers into his hair and pulling him in for a kiss.

--
GOD IVE BEEN GONE FOR SO LONG SORRY SORRY

also this seems a bit rushed but i'll make it better in the coming chapters sorry sorry sorry