twenty seven

phil

"floof, flaf, flop, flook,"

"what the hell are you doing?" i giggle and dan's cheeks flush as he diverts his gaze towards me, snapping out of his trance once he notices me watching.

"sorry, i kinda drifted off for a moment," he blushes, faint indents of dimples forming in his cheeks and i lean over to poke the one in his left cheek, his smile growing and making my finger disappear further into the soft flesh.

"how deep are your dimples?" i ponder out loud, and he giggles as i pull out my finger and push it in again.

"stop fingering my dimple," he protests weakly, swatting my hand away from his cheek and i just dodge his hand, poking his dimple once again to annoy him.

"i'll finger whatever i want," his cheeks bloom a soft rose at the statement and he ceases his attempt to stop my movements, pursing his lips before responding.

"alright," his eyes dart away from mine, and i stare at him in confusion before i realise the context of my statement. i pull my hand away from his cheek to cover my own flushed ones.

"that wasn't what i meant!" i squeak in embarrassment, and he looks at me apprehensively, rolling his eyes, his pursed lips turning into a smirk.

"sure you didn't," he mocks me. "i know that's all you think about anyway," he continues, turning to his side so he's facing me, and i can feel my face heat further.

"what the hell, no i don't!" i punch his shoulder bashfully. i have no idea why this conversation is making me feel so embarrassed, maybe it's just the knowing look in his eyes, as if he somehow is aware about how i feel about him.

"mhm, sure lester," he bites his cheek in amusement and i scowl at him.

"shut up, don't call me that," i warn him, and he raises his eyebrows challengingly, an overconfident smile painting itself over his pink lips.

"yeah, and what are you going to do about it?" his fingers run through the forest of soft ringlets on top of his head, and my eyes follow his movements. there is a strange tension in this small tent, one that dan has control over.

"well, what do you want me to do about it?" i can see his confidence slip gradually, lips parting slightly and his eyes narrowing as he blushes.

"w-well—"

"maybe you're the one who thinks about it all the time," i refer to our conversation seconds ago and his cheeks flush further.

"phil!"

"what?" i respond coolly, enjoying the way his persona has drastically shifted to one where he is a blushing, fidgety mess. god, i really want to kiss him.

"stop it," he warns emptily, and i giggle.

"why? does inappropriate talking make you uncomfortable?" i continue to pester him, shifting closer so there isn't much space left between us.

"yes," he doesn't meet my eyes, teeth gritted and cheeks full of colour.

"too bad you can't stop me," my hand reaches up to poke his dimple yet again, and he looks up at me, eyelids narrowing to slits and his nose scrunched in annoyance.

"what's your problem?" he groans, trying to swat my hand away yet again, and i let my hand fall back down, smiling at the way his lips are set into a small pout, thin creases forming in his forehead.

"stop pouting," i tap his lips twice with my finger, and the pink that was subduing slightly returned in full force, staining his exposed neck as well. "you're cute sometimes," i tell him.

"gee thanks," he rolls his eyes and i can't help but pinch his cheeks lightly.

"what was that for?" he giggles, and i shrug, not wanting to tell him that he's the most adorable human being i have ever seen.

"you're cute too," he blurts after a moment and i look over at him with an obnoxious smile on my face. "never mind i take it back,"

--
i hope ur enjoying the floof