twelve

phil

"can you zip this for me?" i ask dan once i get inside my sleeping bag, and he just rolls his eyes, leaning slightly towards me before grasping the small zip, pulling it up. i just smile at him as a thank you, and stretch my legs, turning on my side and curling my body slightly towards the gradually growing warmth of the fluffy bag.

"what time do we have to get up?" dan asks me, a yawn escaping his lips towards the end of his sentence.

"i think four thirty? because we have to reach the camp ground by five," i inform him, covering my mouth after speaking to let out the yawn that is threatening to spill.

i'm really tired.

"four thirty?" he yells in disbelief and i open my eyes momentarily to look at his wide eyes and annoyed expression. "that's fucking insane,"

"i know, so don't waste time and go to sleep," i suggest and he rolls his eyes at me yet again. "set an alarm before you sleep though," i remind him and he just nods dismissively, toying around with his phone before getting inside his own sleeping bag, his whole body tucked inside, only the top of his head visible.

"can you turn off the lights?" i ask him, not wanting to leave the warmth that has started to pool where i'm laying. he just groans in response, shaking his head from under the bag.

"god, fine," i mutter under my breath about to sit up, but dan pokes his head out of his bag, staring at me with slightly wide eyes.

"what?"

"um, nothing," he covers his face again, letting out a deep breath, and i roll my eyes, laying back down without shutting the lights, pulling the covers tighter around me.

he's probably scared of the dark.

"phil?" dan's calls after a while and i just hum sleepily in response, nodding my head.

"you didn't turn off the lights?" he asks timidly and i open my eyes slightly to look at him.

"nah," i roll over on my back. "i don't really like the dark," i tell him, and he tucks his face back under the covers to hide his embarrassed smile.

"oh," he squeaks, a hint of relief in his tone and i smile. "good night phil,"

"night dan,"

--
how shitty yuck

also,, all the teachers in my grade think im a slut i mean ok i am but why do they think that

(find more in my rant book "northern downpour" #cheekyspon)