thirteen

phil

"phil! get up it's fifteen minutes to five, we're going to look like losers if we come late," dan yells, attempting to unzip my sleeping bag to pull me out but i just whine in frustration, covering my face with my arm to block him out.

"i'm not going," i whine and soon enough the bag is unzipped and dan has pulled off the front of it. i shiver slightly from the lack of warmth, and curl a little bit more, trying to retain what's left of it.

it's been at least two minutes since he's done that and he's not saying anything anymore which makes me feel like he left, but i can feel his knee digging into my side so i know he's here.

i slowly retrieve my arm from my face, squinting my eyes at the sudden light to look up at dan, only to find his eyes fixed on my stomach where my jumper has ridden up.

"how gay of you," i tease him, pulling my shirt down and he seems to realise what he was doing, his cheeks flushing as he looks away, running a hand through his now curly hair.

"yeah, get up now, we're going to be late," he mumbles, cheeks flushed from embarrassment and i just laugh lightly as he stands to his feet, crouching and stepping out of the tent.

i follow after him, quickly stretching as much as possible in my "bed" and digging in my bag to get my glasses out of their box, settling them on my nose and getting out of the tent.

it's still quite dark as i step inside my shoes and the sun is barely up as i quickly adjust my heels so they fit. the fire has gone out, and the air is chilly, and i stretch out my arms once again before pulling my pants up my hips.

"why is there a wet patch over there?" i ask dan as he rubs his eyes, and only now i've noticed that he has a grey woollen hat covering his messy hair.

"i pissed there," he states casually and i scrunch my nose in disgust.

"you're disgusting," i tell him and he just smiles at me cheekily, dimples popping in both cheeks and his eyes laced with sleep.

god he's adorable.

"thanks i've heard worse," he shrugs and i roll my eyes at him, smoothening my fringe over my forehead.

"shall we go? or do you need to piss as well? i can just turn around and—" dan begins and i just grunt in annoyance, waving my hand at him to tell him to stop.

"shut up,"

five minutes later we're walking down the semi-familiar path, dan's fingers making indents in the map he's holding, constantly complaining about how cold it is. i suggested him to jog towards the camp grounds to warm up his body, and it's only five in the morning but he has already flipped me off twice.

"what if there's a frog hibernating under your feet?" i ask dan once he stops in his tracks to tie up his shoelaces.

"what the fuck phil," he shoots me an annoyed expression once he stands up straight, and i just shrug, telling him that it was a genuine question.

"look i appreciate your weirdness but it's five in the fucking morning, my brain does not function this early," he explains and i just shake my head at him.

at least he has started explaining himself when he acts like an asshole.

--

yoooooooo its been so long hru