four

(what comes after four? made in the a.m.)

phil lester

"dan! you said five minutes!" i groan, adjusting the straps of dan's bag on my shoulders as he continues to dismissively shake his head, all his baggage in my hands.

he had proposed to carry mine for five minutes if i carried his, but it has been fifteen minutes and he still hasn't made any move to take his load back.

"phil please," he whines for the twentieth time and i just scowl at him before dropping his bags at my feet, catching up with the other people who are way ahead of us, happy and excited smiles on their faces instead of constant groaning and sweat like ours.

"phil!" i hear him call after me but i ignore him this time, knowing that he will probably convince me to carry his bags, all the way to the camp and i am just not up for it.

somehow after dropping dan's bags, i feel like mine are as light as feathers, their weight almost going unnoticed as i try to enjoy the way my feet land over a sea of pebbles and odd shaped rocks, and how small plants are sprouting from the almost concrete ground under us.

to both my sides are thick forested areas consisting of tall trees and chirping birds, and the sky is clear, blue and almost cloudless.

ten minutes later i have dan groaning next to me, dragging his feet impossibly slow and begging me to wait for him to catch up every three seconds, and i have come to the conclusion that he is the worst person to come to camp with.

my steps are careful as we climb higher up this isolated path, short wooden boards with arrows directing us the the oasis campsite.

turns out, that there is nothing here but intriguing forests, and even though i try to burn holes through the trees to look past the thick barks caging the forest, it does nothing but frustrate me further.

i try and find something else to focus on rather than laughing of the crowd, a few steps ahead of me or the string of profanities leaving dan's mouth every second in short breaths, and i settle upon the sound of gravel and stones crunching beneath my shoes.

the 'short' hike turned out to be a thirty minute torture and soon we were stood in front of a huge campsite, a few tents already pitched across the short green grass and a few large mountains and canopies visible in the background.

it doesn't look as adventurous as it did in the pamphlet but i'm not complaining. i am in no mood to make my way through forests and prickly grass, only to have a tent on dry leaves and sticks.

"welcome, to the oasis camp!" a bald man begins shouting out of nowhere and i place my bags carefully on the ground before diverting my gaze to him.

"don't worry, don't worry, this is not where you will be staying. this is a private campsite for people who come and go as they desire. for you my adventurous boys and girls, it is going to be much more exciting!" he says with a huge smile on his face and i literally slap my forehead, so hard that it almost hurts. dan just scoffs next to me as i rub the affected area and nudge him slightly in the ribs for being a dick.

"i am the care taker of this place and my name is andrew. i will be guiding you to your campsite, only a short walk from here and there you can meet your respective coaches," he tells us and waves his hand to ask us to follow him and dan groans once again, before looking over to me and giving me a sheepish smile.

"what?" i ask him skeptically as he steps closer to me, nudging my shoulder softly with his before murmuring.

"wanna carry my bags for five minutes again?"

oh hell no.

--
(please read this annoying a/n)

how are ya beans

do you wanna maybe check out the sequel of 'snapchat' that i posted? (i know i know even after twenty million chapters, i just wanted to okay)

it's called delivered (by popular demand)

also, je suis going to post the next chapter (probs a double update) tomorrow! love ya