five

(i apologise in advance that this chapter contains actual information about the camp oh god)

phil

dry leaves crush under my weight as i sit down on the floor along with the other people here, trying to catch my breath as dan slumps next to me, running a hand through his slightly sweaty hair that has started to curl at the ends.

"what?" dan huffs when he finds me staring at him for too long and i just roll my eyes, pointing a finger lazily at his head.

"your hair has started to curl," i tell him and he bites his cheek in annoyance, running his fingers obsessively through his dusky fringe as if it will make it any better.

i tear my eyes away from his stupid face, focusing on the few instructors that are dressed casually, a whistle hanging around their necks and a pile of booklets in each of their hands. the man with a darker complexion has a notepad and a ballpoint pen in his hand, only one female coach standing in the far corner, sipping carelessly on a juice can.

"are you youngsters tired already? man, when i was your age i used to run up mountains," a bulky man starts speaking, only to earn a few groans from the people leaning against their bags or tree branches, legs sprawled all over the twigs and leaves covering the forest floor.

"well it is my duty to tell you about the camp and what all you will be doing here, even if you have no interest in listening to it," he flashes all of us a toothy sarcastic smile. "but i will try to keep this as brief as possible,"

"this is the oasis campsite, one of the best near london, and this year we are hosting a two week camp for teenagers between the ages sixteen to nineteen," he pauses to look over to the group of people, still uninterestedly staring at him, but he doesn't seem to acknowledge the fact and continues speaking.

"you can have groups of your own, more than two and less than four, and it will be a completely independent experience. you will have to pitch your own tents, in different locations assigned to you, and light up a fire and of course it's a learning experience as well! you will have to climb mountains and cross rivers and handle ropes and catch fish and there is a lot more to do on this camp. mr. davis will explain you the rules," he gestures for a smaller man, who is much more lankier than him and looks like he could fall apart any moment.

"first of all, you all are responsible for your own stuff and the camp will not be funding any kind of loss that is caused due to your carelessness.

food will be provided by the camp and there is a canteen as well if you want to eat whatever unhealthy stuff you people eat these days.

breakfast is from seven to nine in the morning, lunch is from two to three and dinner from seven to nine again.

the canteen will be operating from seven in the morning till seven in the evening and vending machines will be there twenty four/seven.

if you do not wish to participate in a task, you cannot stay back in the tent, you will have to come along the group although it's your choice if you want to participate or not.

every team will be given different locations to set up their tents and the coaches will train you on how to light up a fire. medical help is provided twenty four/seven.

at the end of the week there will be a get together including all the teams so you can relax and bond and talk, and no, coaches will not be there to spy on you.

dress warm and carry all essentials in a handy bagpack whenever you get out of the tent. your devices can be charged at the community port near the canteen area. beware of mosquitos."

he is slightly breathless after his bland instructions and dan is already groaning next to me, complaining about how fucking boring this camp is and i just awkwardly pat his back, telling him that it's going to be alright and i am dreading it just as much as him.

"we are handing you booklets with all the instructions if some of you were busy droning," the woman speaks and i can't help but notice her glaring slightly at dan, and i nudge his shoulder to make him aware about the fact.

"why is she looking at me like that? fucking bitch," dan mutters under his breath as she starts giving away the small plasticky booklets, and dan's first instinct is to try and tear the book right from the middle.

"dan!" i snatch the book out of his hands frantically and he just looks back at me, startled with my quick movement. "what the hell are you doing?"

"tearing this stupid fucking book, no one needs it anyway? i'd rather wipe my shit with it," he rolls his eyes ignorantly and i slap him across the head, hoping that it will knock some sense into him.

"ow!" he glares at me, rubbing his head slightly. "please phil, keep your bdsm shit reserved for the tents,"

--
ahoy!

im sorry for empty promises i just fell asleep that day and then i had to prepare for a test like i'm actually genuinely sorry

also(?) thaNks for 6k alreADY WTF