Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Victoria?" Michael's impatient tone snapped me out of my daze.

"Hmm?" I said and looked at him. He had a annoyed expression on his face and was tapping his fingers on the desk.

"Did you even hear a word of what I was just telling you?" He asked me.

I rolled my eyes at him as if he were crazy. "Of course I heard."

"Oh really?" He raised his brow at me. "Tell me what I just told you then."

I was sitting in Michael's office on the chair opposite his with a mahogany desk between us. He wanted to explain to me whatever I was to get from him if he had to...die.

He said it'd be better to explain it in his office instead at our house because he didn't want our parents or sister to hear, and all his paper work was in his office. So I was spending my Friday afternoon in his office, which was in fact very plush. It had leather seats, one was his chair behind the mahogany desk, which had MacBook on it, and two other leather chairs opposite his. It had white tiles and wooden shelves with some boring books on it.

I bit my lip. The truth was I hadn't heard a word he just said. Business talk was seriously so boring, I just couldn't handle it. The first thing I do when I hear any boring stuff I automatically block it out.

"Something about stock markets?" I said and shot him a little hopeful look, hoping he won't be mad at me for not listening to him.

He sighed. "I was telling you how to deal with paper work. Nothing to do with stock markets, Victoria."

I gave him a sheepish grin. "Oops."

He shook his head at me. "Right now it may seem stupid that you're wasting your Friday afternoon in a stuffy office learning about something you couldn't care less about, but once I'm dea-" I shot him a glare. "Once I'm not here, you're going to wish that you actually listened to what I had to say instead of being completely clueless about how to run this company."

I put my elbows on the desk and rested my face in my palms. "Michael, number one, I hate business. Number two, I cannot run this company. Number three, it's not important for me to run this company because you'll be here to do it."

"Victoria, I'm not going to be here in 10 years time! Heck I probably won't even be here in 5 years time. There's no way I'll be here to run this company forever. I don't even know if I'll see 30." He said frustratedly. "You need to understand that you're the only person I know that can maintain this company and actually make sure I still have my usual clients instead of it going down to the dogs."

I sighed. "Fine. What do you want me to do, Michael?"

"Do you know what degree you want?"

I shook my head. "Nope."

"You're going to UCLA, right?"

"If I get accepted then yes."

He rolled his eyes at me. "We all know you will get accepted."

"Michael, where are you going with this?" I asked him, confused how any of this had to with anything about his business.

"Look I'm not the guy to pressure someone into studying something they don't want to, so this is just a mere suggestion," he said. "I think it'll be easier for you and this whole company if you got a BBA and then once you graduate and get your degree you can become the chief executive officer of this company."