Chapter Twenty-Eight

 Thanks to joeyspizza for the phenomenal covers!! She's amazing at graphics!

___

"This will look amazing on you." Ashley said, holding a violet dress in front of my body.

The dress was a short dress, it maybe stopped at my upper thigh, it was flare and had sequins on the bust. It was too preppy for my liking.

"Ashley, it's not my style and you know that." I said with a sigh.

She rolled her eyes at me and put the dress back on the rack.

"Victoria, it's graduation! You gotta look your best. I mean, you'll never go to high school again. This is going to be your last moment to show all those dumbass high schoolers how much you slay." She said and emphasised 'graduation' like it was such a big deal.

"Ash, you know I'm not feeling graduation," I told her. "Or any celebration for that matter." I said bitterly.

Which was true, I didn't feel like celebrating anything when my brother was sick and could possibly die.

It had been almost 5 months since I found about about my brother's illness. His condition hasn't gotten any better in these past months, it only got worst.

Just 2 weeks ago he had fallen ill and landed in the hospital for almost a whole week. The doctor had said that his tumours were now spreading more into his brain which was only shorting his time.

They had started a chemo treatment, but after Michael came out of hospital he stopped it saying that it was just a waste of his money and time. I was so angry when he stopped his only change of survival that I stopped talking to him for a whole week. Of course, I couldn't keep it up anymore so I started speaking to him again.

My horrible parents, Natasha and her fiancé were unfortunately still staying with us and I hated every minute of their presence. Although, Natasha was getting married in the summer (I forgot which date) so hopefully she moves out soon, I don't think I can deal with her squeaky voice anymore.