Chapter Thirty

"I fucking hate you, Victoria!" Ashley yelled angrily at me and stormed into my house through the front door.

I frowned. "What did I do that caused you to hate me?"

She squinted her eyes at me and shoved her index finger at my chest. "Do not pretend like you don't know."

My frown deepened in confusion. What the heck is she talking about?

Today was the day that Nate was leaving for New York. I was just about to leave to the airport until Ashley came, looking furious for who knows what.

"Ash, I have absolutely no idea what you're on about," I told her.

She snorted. "Let me guess, you're going to the airport?"

"How do you know..."

Then it dawned on me. She was mad because I didn't tell her about Jesse leaving.

Oh fuck!

"Look Ash, I'm really sorry for not telling you, it's just that I didn't wanna hurt you. You were so happy with him, what if you had found out he was leaving? You'd be devastated. And I can't stand to see you hurt." I told her truthfully.

"Wow...is that honestly your best excuse?"

"Ashley, it's not an exc-" I started but she cut me off.

"Please keep your pathetic lies to yourself."

"Ash-"

"Save it. I was stupid to have been your best friend for all these years. I should've realised what a two faced bitch you really are." She spat bitterly.

"Oh and not to forget a cheater too. Just ask Gerald." And with that being said she spun on her heel and stormed out the house, slamming the door on her way out.

I ran a hand through my hair. Tears were building up in my eyes and I could feel that familiar, awful lump in my throat.

Ashley's words were circling in my head and I'd be lying if I said that they didn't hurt, because it did. It felt like she had taken a dagger and stabbed it numerous times in my chest.

I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that my best friend, who was pretty much my sister, would hurt me this badly.

I swallowed down the lump in my throat, grabbed my phone and typed out a text to Nate.

Me: I won't be able to make it to the airport, sorry.

I clicked send and tossed my phone aside.

I just felt so angry and frustrated with myself. I was being a selfish bitch by not telling Ashley. She still ended up getting hurt despite my efforts to prevent her from it.

My phone buzzed with the tone of a text but I just ignored it. I really wasn't interested in anything; all I cared about was fixing things up with Ashley. I couldn't lose her, she meant to much to me.

I ran a hand through my hair and let out a frustrated huff.

*****

5 years later

I combed my hair with my hair brush, neatening it, grabbed my phone from the dressing table and opened it to find a text.

I opened the text which said 'I'm outside' and hurried down the staircase, grabbed my coat and out the door, shutting it.

I walked over to the black Mercedes Benz parked in the drive way and spotted a familiar brown haired and brown eyed guy leaning on the car door.