Chapter 23

Luna.

I gripped my left elbow with my right hand as I wandered through the school, getting a few strange looks. I had been gone from school for about a week and a half but I decided to go back while Kol had compelled my teachers and principle to let me off with it and help me out more with any work I had missed out on.

I was wearing a simple grey crop top and a pair of denim shorts with some white converse. I had tied a blue and white checkered flannel around my waist in case it got cold later in the day and had to wear it again. I rubbed my fingers across my forehead, trying to hide myself from the stares people were giving me.

Let's just say I was glad Kol wasn't here right now, he probably would have started a fight with anyone staring at me like that. My forearm was suddenly grabbed and I was pulled back harshly. I squealed slightly before relaxing, realising it was Stefan who had pulled me into his chest. His arms wrapped around me as he muttered something under his breath. "Hey,"

"Thank God you're alright." He spoke slightly louder this time so I could hear what he was saying. "I was so worried when you didn't answer any of our texts on the full moon and Kol and his family wouldn't let us check up on you." I nodded slightly, remembering to ask Kol to keep them all away from me. "How are you?"

"I'm good."

"Good?" He spoke with disbelief in his voice and I furrowed my brow slightly at his confusion. "You've been gone for so long and you just say good? You've gone through all of this and you;re just Good?"

I lowered my head slightly, feeling Stefan loosen his grip on me slightly. "Yes. I'm good." I fired back as I looked back into his eyes. "Yes - it was a struggle at the beginning but Kol was there for me the whole way, he's been supporting me, not yelling at me to stay away from you guys." I growled slightly, remembering how all of my friends had tried to keep me away from Kol, why were they so bothered by him.

Stefan's eyes widened. "Hey! We were just trying to protect you from him and his family!" He spoke back, defending him and my friends.

"No." I snapped back, pulling back from his arms as a few people glanced over at us. I lowered my voice slightly as I spoke to Stefan again. "You were trying to protect Elena," I answered and he looked at me nervously. I knew it. "You didn't care if I was hurt, you just thought that they would use me so they could make Elena sacrifice herself for me to be safe." I answered and Stefan gulped, knowing that I had figured out their plan. "So, no, you weren't protecting me, Stefan." I finished before turning on my heel and beginning to walk away.

I had turned two corners the next time I had bumped into someone. I was about to walk past them when they spoke. "Hey Luna!" I smiled slightly at the voice and looked up to see Tyler, however my smile slightly faded when I realised Caroline was latched to his arm. She smiled at me and I smiled back weakly.

"Hey Ty, Caroline." She frowned slightly at my lack of nickname for her.

Tyler didn't seem to notice as he spoke again. "How was.. you know.." I raised my eyebrow slightly at him. "The full moon?" He whispered and I let out a 'duhhh' noise as I scoffed ay how stupid I was.

"It was alright I guess. It hurt at the time but I kinda blacked out." I shrugged, moving my bag strap up my arm.

 I glanced slightly at Caroline who was looking at me with a sad smile on her face. I smiled back at her weakly, glancing back to Tyler as he spoke again. "Seriously? Where did you go? What did you do when you woke up?" He asked with a confused tone. He had Caroline when he had first turned so I assume he thought I was by myself.

"Uhmm," I paused, wondering how to word my sentence, not wanting to lose Tyler too. I had already fought with Stefan - I didn't want to fight with Tyler too. "I wasn't by myself." I shrugged slightly and Tyler looked at me, silently questioning me. "Kol was there for me the whole time and gave me his jacket and took me back to his house when I woke up. it was in the lockwood cellar." I shrugged and I watched as Tyler's jaw clenched.

I sighed slightly, awaiting his yelling. "Okay.. You can keep going there if you want." He spoke and I looked up at Caroline, seeing her resting her head against Tyler's shoulder. "I don't like Kol." I frowned and began to plan my escape when he spoke again. "..but if you like him, I'll deal with it." Tyler shrugged as he spoke and a smile grew on my face at his words. "I'm sure I'll grow to like him at some point."

I quickly wrapped my arms around Tyler, happy he had accepted my choice. He stood there, shocked for a second before wrapping his arms around me too. "Thank you." I whispered as I pulled away from him. "I don't see what everyone's problem with him is." I side glanced at Caroline as I spoke. "It's Klaus who wants Elena, not Kol." I shrugged and Caroline sighed out.

"I don't."

I turned to Caroline and I looked at her, surprised at the fact she had spoken to me. "I don't think he's after Elena. I just don't want you getting hurt. Kol has been alive for a thousand years, he probably has a lot of enemies - I just don't want any of them using you to hurt Kol."

I smiled weakly and nodded at her, hugging her softly too. "I've gotta go." I whispered and pulled from her. They both smiled at me and I side stepped around them and headed towards the girl's bathroom.

Caroline's words had reminded me of the girl that had tried to kill Kol, and I had killed her instead. I bit my lip softly, ignoring the call of my name from behind me and slipping into the bathroom, one thing running through my mind.

Who was Sierra?

_________________________

omg!

so caroline and tyler have switched sides!

and stefan is being mean again :(