Chapter 24

Luna.

"Honeeeey, I'm hooome!" I called loudly as I shut the front door behind myself. I waved slightly to Elijah who was sitting on the couch and he smiled back at me. "Do you know where Kol is?" I asked Elijah as I slipped my shoes off at the door. Elijah raised his eyebrows, motioning behind me.

I spun around and smiled at Kol as he kissed me quickly. "I told you that I would pick you up."

"I know, but i'm not a baby, Kol. I can get home safely by myself." I spoke as I walked around him, towards the kitchen. I was getting a lot more comfortable in the house with the Mikaelsons as none of them had attempted to kill me. "How was your day?" I asked, knowing he was following behind me.

"It was boring without you." He spoke and I stopped at the fridge, pulling the door open and cringing, seeing a load of blood bags on the shelves. I reached up to the top shelf and grabbed a bottle of water. Kol rested his hands on my waist as I closed the fridge and turned to face him again. "You've changed me, Luna. I was never tied down before you and now you've got me going crazy without you."

I smiled at his words, pressing my lips against his. "That's cute." I whispered against his lips as I pulled away from him, resting my forehead against his as I stood on my tiptoes. Kol hummed slightly and pushed his lips back to mine forcefully.

I froze in shock for a second before wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me. He gripped my waist slightly and raised me from the ground, placing me on the island in the middle of the kitchen. I gripped onto the collar of his shirt, pulling him as close to me as possible. I felt him let out a groan as I ran my teeth lightly against his bottom lip.

"Oh come on guys, we eat there." Kol growled slightly against my lips before pulling from me, keeping his hands rested on my hips as he looked around me at Rebekah who had interrupted us. "There is about eight different bedrooms in this house. Why did you decide to do it in the middle of our kitchen?" I blushed and moved my hands from Kol's collar, covering my face. "Get a room."

"Rebekah, in case you haven't noticed - this is a room." Kol spoke with a smirk, keeping his eyes on his sister. I refused to look at Rebekah, knowing she'd be either smirking or laughing at me. "And I believe we were here first so.. excuse you." Kol moved his lips back to mine and I pulled back from him, Rebekah's presence ruining the moment. "Oh, look what you've done now."

Kol sighed out before lifting me back up from the island and placing me on the ground again. I rested my head against his shoulder, looking over at Rebekah. "That reminds me.." Rebekah muttered to herself before looking to me, a smile growing on her face. "Luna! I need your help with something, come!" She smiled brightly at me before exiting the room.

I smiled at Kol before exiting the room behind Rebekah, hearing Kol muttering curse words behind me. "What are we doing?" I asked her as I jogged slightly to keep up with her. When I reached her side, I slowed back down to a walking pace.

"It's the 40's decade dance tomorrow!" She exclaimed as if I was the dumbest person on earth. "Oh.." She paused, stopping in her tracks, causing me to bump into her. "I forgot you haven't been at school.." She murmured quietly. "Too busy making out with my brother I assume." She shrugged and continued walking.

I blushed heavily before jogging to catch up with Rebekah again.

_________________________________

"Thats cute!" I exclaimed as I looked at Rebekah whilst sitting on the armchair in the shop. I had already found a silky-pink 40's style dress but Rebekah was a little more picky with her dresses. She held out the ends on her dress, examining herself in the mirror.

She now had on a red and white polka dot pin-up sort of style dress. It hugged onto her in the right places and showed off her features well. "I like it." I added, standing up and walking over to her, feeling the material of the dress.

"Me too!" I smiled at her words.

After Rebekah had changed we went to the cashier to pay for out dresses. I reached for my purse when Rebekah softly gripped my wrist, holding me in place. I looked at her with confusion and she smiled. "I've got this one." She smiled brightly at me before handing the woman behind the cash register the money for our dresses. We then exited the shop and began to wander around the shopping mall. I was about to thank Rebekah for paying when she spoke. "Don't bother thanking me." I glanced at her. "Listen, since I got t this town, all of your friends have been rude to me and I don't exactly know why.." She looked away and I frowned, not realising she was so affected by them not liking her. "But you gave me a chance, you didn't just judge me off of Niklaus' actions and I thank you for that."

I looked at her carefully as she finished her sentence, keeping her eyes away from me.

"Rebekah." I spoke and she looked over to me with a sad smile on her face. "You have done nothing." I added, stopping in my tracks to turn and face her. I reached for her hands and held them softly. "You were lovely to all of them and the only reason they don't talk to you is because of Elena." I answered.

She looked at me with confusion and I sighed.

"Elena is all of their main priorities, They refused to let me be with Kol happily because there was the chance I could have been used as bait for Klaus to get Elena - Bonnie has lost so many of her family members because of Elena. Although it may not be Elena's wishes for everyone to be sacrificed for her - it's how it is." I shrugged and Rebekah looked at me. "They only pretend not to like you because Elena is intimidated by you." I spoke and and Rebekah was still staring at me, confusion on her face.

"Because you slept with Damon." She coughed, obviously regretting those actions. "And Elena sort of had a thing for him - she hates you. You took Damon from her even though she was technically with Stefan. And she hates the fat that you have the potential to take Stefan too."

"I do?" She asked, her voice wavering.

"Yes. You are beautiful, Rebekah! You're funny and independent and you're all I aspire to be." I spoke, gripping her hands tighter in support. "Elena aspires to be you too, that's why she doesn't like you - and whatever Elena wants, they all want." I shrugged and dropped Rebekah's hands.

"Thank you." I looked at her with confusion. "For giving me confidence. You are all I aspire to be, Luna."

"Thank you, Rebekah." I smiled.

___________________________

yay! rebekah is actually so sweet idk why everyone hates her.

also - if it wasn't obvious - i dont really like Elena on tvd,

i prefer katherine :)