Chapter 26

Luna.

I stopped jumping around as the music faded and a slow song began to play. Kol reached his hand out to me and I gladly took it, feeling him pull me up against him so we were chest to chest. I felt him hum along to the music as he rested his head on me, his chin on top of my forehead.

"Why did you come?" I asked Kol as we danced, doing a simple waltz of some sort. "I thought you hated dances." I added as Kol pressed his lips against my forehead, keeping them there for a short while as if he was pausing to think of an answer to my question.

"I do," He spoke and spun me under his arm before wrapping his arm back around me as he pulled me back to him. I giggled slightly at his actions and looked up at him, admiring his beauty. "But I knew that you would end up getting yourself in trouble. I swear every dance you have been to, you've been in one argument or another." He joked, moving his hand from just below my neck to the small of my back, rubbing small circles.

"That's true." I giggled. The most recent dances I've been to are the Halloween dance (got kidnapped by Klaus), the Mikaelson Ball (argued with Damon and caused a scene) and now this 40's dance, which I had just argued with Elena in front of the whole school. "I guess I attract danger." I murmured to myself.

"I guess you do," Kol whispered and moved his head down. I felt his hair tickle my chin slightly as a small sharp feeling ran across my exposed collarbone. I shivered slightly, feeling his fangs retract as he moved back up to me. "Yet you're such a lovely girl."

He spun me again dramatically and let me go, letting my spin slightly and I laughed, coming to a stop and beginning to walk back to him when a boy stood in front of me. "Hey!" He greeted with a smirk and I rolled my eyes, trying to side-step past him when he gripped onto my arm. "Dance with me."

"No." I protested as he pulled me into a dance position. We had barely taken two steps into the dance when Kol had pulled the guy from me. I watched as Kol eyes the guy angrily and I hoped that he would not hurt him.

"That's actually my girlfriend, thanks." Kol stated and the guy nodded, scared by Kol's actions.

Kol then dropped the guy and walked back to me, holding his hand out yet again. I smiled happily at the fact Kol had not attempted to kill or even compel the guy, he had just acted as if he was another human. "Girlfriend, huh?" I spoke with a smile.

I glanced up slightly to see Kol looking away into the distance, a slight red tinge on his cheeks. I smiled, biting my lip as I did so. "I said don't do that." He whispered, his eyes moving back to me as his hand raised to my face, his thumb moving my lip from between my teeth. "And.. yeah."

I smiled happily, dropping the dance and wrapping my arms around him tightly. He laughed slightly at my actions and wrapped his arms back around me, holding me tightly. "You're friends don't look very happy."

I glanced towards my friends as Kol spoke, seeing Elena slap Caroline. I gasped at this before watching Caroline slap Elena right back and storm in our direction. "Hey Luna!" Caroline greeted me with a smile, as if that had just not happened. "Kol." She nodded at Kol, glancing towards him with a smile.

I felt my own grow at her words. She may not like him but she was trying - for me. "Hello Caroline." Kol answered back with a polite smile and I noticed she looked slightly shocked before smiling at him. I felt Kol's finger continue to rub small circles on my lower back as Caroline spoke again.

"Listen, Damon, Tyler, Matt and I are all great with.." She paused, glancing over Kol. "You're relationship.. Bonnie is indecisive but Elena, Jeremy" I cringed at me ex's name. "...and Stefan are all stubborn. I think Stefan might be considering it... I don't know, he loves Elena I don't think that he would just abandon her, as much as I wish he would," I picked up on her last few words and laughed slightly.