Chapter Two

Jongin and I hopped in my car and drove to his house since his brothers were having a dinner that they had nicely invited me to. We drove in both awkward, but comfortable silence. I kept my eyes on the road as I drove down the familiar street and then parked my car in the driveway.

I get out of the car, as does Jongin and we walk to the front door. My footsteps starts to slow down and I'm in-between my car and their house.

"Maybe this was a bad idea." I said to myself.

Jongin turns around to see I'm not following him and he walks towards me. "I'm gonna head back home." I said as I turned around.

"Tiana," Jongin said as he takes hold of my wrist.

"I'm not ready to face them. Not yet."

Jongin sighs and let's go of my wrist. "Okay. Can I see you tomorrow?" He asked me.

"I don't know. I just---I need to be alone right now."

"Are you going home?"

"Not yet. I'm gonna take a walk." I said as I started walking. I walk down the neighborhood and end up at the community park. I walk down the trail and I reached a small lake, with a bench beside it.

Despite the fact that it was really cold out, I didn't really mind it. I look out at the lake and it calms me. There's just something about water that just brings me to peace. I stay out there for a few more minutes and then decide it was time for me to go back. I stand up and start walking when I see Jongin.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine. I'm not a baby."

"I know that, Tiana." Jongin said as he ran his hand through his hair. "I just wanted---Forget it."

We were good terms earlier. He wanted to kiss me earlier and now we're mad at each other. I sigh and shove my hands in my pocket.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you. I have a lot on my mind."

"You know that you can talk to me, right? I'm always going to be here for you, Tiana."

"I know."

"Come back to my house with me. Maybe seeing some familiar faces and some food will help you get your mind off things. I'm sure you're hungry."

"I am pretty hungry. Are you sure about this, Jongin?"

"I'm positive." He smiled.

"Okay."

Jongin walks toward me and takes one hand out of my pocket and holds it in his own.

"Come on," Jongin and I walked back to his house in comfortable silence and when we reached the front door Jongin went in ahead of me.

"Kai! Where have you been?"

"I went and picked up something."

Jongin walked back to me and gently took my hand and led me into the room where everyone was. Everyone's face lights up and smiles as I look down at my feet.

"Hi everyone," I said shyly.

"Tiana!" Alice said as she jumped out of Luhan's arms and hugged the crap at of me.

"Me next! Me next!" Chen said as he pulled Alice off of me and hugged me. "My best friend has returned!" He said.

"We want to hug her too, Chen." Kyungsoo said as he pinched Chen's butt which got him off of me and replaced himself onto me.