Chapter Twelve

Picking out a song for a dance that you don't even have a vision for is pretty difficult. I was already doing a lyrical number with Jongin, but at least he and I could really talk about what we wanted and everything. With this whole other number, it's all me, with Jongin's help, but I didn't even know what style I wanted to do.

I listened to songs that had tons of potential of being great picks, but I needed to know, and as cringey as it sounds, that the song would feel right in my heart. Gah! I just cringed just thinking about it. "Still having trouble?" Jongin asked me.

"Yes. This is so hard! And I haven't even started choreographing yet. This sucks!" I said as I shut my laptop and lied down on my stomach and groaned.

"I want to give up." I groaned.

"You can't give up. You haven't even gotten started yet."

"And?"

"Here. Why don't we call it a night? We can order food, watch a movie and start fresh in the morning. You don't have class tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah. I'm free tomorrow."

"Then we'll start working tomorrow. Don't stress too much about it." Jongin said with a smile.

"Okay. Thanks Jongin." I said as I smiled a small smile.

I glance at him and my eyes wander to his wrist and I see the bracelet that I gave him.

"You're still wearing the bracelet I got you." I said with a smile.

"Of course. You got it for me, so obviously I'm gonna wear it."

"Speaking of getting each other things, you still haven't even given me my present."

"Oh. Right. Uh, I have it, it's just not the right time to give it to you." He blushed.

"But you will give it to me, right?" I asked.

"Of course. Don't worry about it."

"Okay." I smiled. "Shall we order food?" I asked.

"Yes. Please." Jongin said, almost like he wanted me to change the subject. I ordered our food online, because I despise ordering over the phone, but sometimes it does get the best of me.

Jongin and I eat in comfortable silence as we watch a movie and it's really nice. Me staying with him since my "fight" with Nalani is something I didn't know I needed. Not worrying about being too loud in your own apartment and not being anxious about seeing your friend's boyfriend because he's intimidating, but he's actually just a dork.

I throw our food away and I wash my hands. I turn the water off and head to the living room, where Jongin was waiting for me. "You okay?" Jongin asked me.

"Yeah. I'm just thinking too much, as always."

"Come sit with me." Jongin said as he pat the seat next to him.

I go sit beside Jongin and he drapes his arm over my shoulder. I rest my head on his shoulder and he pulls me a little closer. "This is really nice." I said breaking the silence.

"Yeah. Just you and me, alone. No one to bother us." Jongin said as he looked down at me. I'm looking up at him and I look into his eyes and he looks into mine. I could feel our faces, slowly getting closer and as soon as our lips are about to touch, there's a knock on the door.

Jongin and I pull away and Jongin looks at the door.

"Are you expecting someone?" I asked him.

"No. Just stay here, all right?" Jongin said as he stood up. Ever since we heard the knock on the door, Jongin's been tense. I wonder what has him so worked up.

Jongin goes and answers the door and there I see another guy. He was super handsome, but carried this mischievous smirk on his face. He was wearing a grey long sleeve, with white cuffs and on the collar, jeans, and his hair was disheveled.

"What are you doing here, Jisoo?" Jongin asked him.

"I can't come by and say hello?" He said as he looked at Jongin. His eyes then slowly land on me. He grins and pushes by Jongin and walks towards me. "Well, hello."

"Hi . . ."

"What's your name?"

"Tiana,"

"Tiana. Pretty name for a pretty girl. I'm Jisoo." He said as he took my hand and kissed my knuckles. Jongin slaps Jisoo's hand away and stands in front of me.

"Don't touch her."  Jongin snarled. 

"Why ever not? Oh, I see now. She's your mate, isn't she?" He smirked. 

Does he know about Jongin? I see Jongin's hand clench up and I slowly start to see claws. I have to calm his down, but how?

I grab Jongin's hand and he quickly takes it. "Get out, you filthy demon." Jongin growled. 

"I was going to take my leave anyway. I'll see you around, Ms. Tiana." He said as he winked at me. "Over my dead body." Jongin snarled. 

"Is that an invitation?" Jisoo grinned. Jongin sprints after him, but I stop him. 

"Jongin, he's not worth it." I said to him. 

Jongin slams his door and tries to calm himself down. "I can't let you out of my sight now. Not with him running around." 

"Who is he?" I asked him. "Or is it better not to ask?" I continued.

"He's a prick. That's what he is. He's nothing but trouble."

"How does he know about you? Is he--?"

"No. He's something far more dangerous. He's from the underworld and I wouldn't surprised about who is next prey is going to be." 

I'm afraid to ask, but I dare ask, "And who's that?"

"You." He said as he looked at me with protecting eyes. Oh. I'm screwed. 

"I have to call Suho to tell him what's going on. Jisoo is not someone to be trusted." 

Something tells me that I just entered a totally different world that I'm not sure I'm prepared for.