Chapter Twenty

Baekhyun takes me to a cafe in the next academic building over and grabs me an ice bag. I didn't realize how hard I slapped Taeyong until all my adrenaline went away and realized how much my left hand hurt. I just can't believe I slapped him with my left hand and I'm not even left handed.

"I'm usually against violence, but that was the most badass thing I've ever seen." Baekhyun smirked. 

"He got what he deserved. He shouldn't have called me a slut. I know DAMN WELL that I'm not. I'm sorry that I'm friends with more guys than girls. Especially since he knows Jongin is my boyfriend."

"He was definitely asking for it." Baekhyun chuckled.

"Thank you for coming to my rescue." I thanked Baekhyun.

"No worries. I caught your scent and could sense you needed some assistance and good thing I came when I did."

"I really appreciate it." I smiled.

"What's up guys?" I hear a voice say. Jongdae walks up towards us and he frowns once he reaches our table. "Damn, what happened?"

"Tiana gave a guy what was coming to him." Baekhyun smirked.

"Man, I better make sure not to piss you off Tiana." Jongdae grinned. I rolled my eyes and then started to giggle.

"It's been a day for me. That's for sure." I admitted.

"Does Jongin know about this weirdo?" Jongdae asked as he sat down beside me.

"They encountered each other yesterday. Let's just say that it wasn't pretty. Jongin has to stay over to make sure I was safe and I let him because I didn't want him to do anything reckless." I said.

"For once, I'm glad he was with you." Baekhyun admitted.

"Me too. What's weird is that Taeyong wasn't like that when I first met him. He was friendly, but since yesterday he's been an asshole." I explained.

"He's showing his true colors. Jongin was definitely concerned when you told him that he joined the club you're in and he specifically wanted you to be there."

"I didn't think he'd be troublesome. Jongin says that he senses an off vibe about him."

"Maybe he's not human. Speaking of which, we haven't seen Jisoo in a while." Jongdae said.

"You're right. I haven't seen him since I bumped into him at Jongin's apartment a few days ago."

"Well, lets keep it that way. He's trouble and we can only do so much." Baekhyun said. 

We all sat in silence for a moment and I decided to go to Health Services and get my hand looked at, even though it shouldn't be that serious. Jongin however will be pretty pissed and worried as to why my hand is bandaged up or whatever. I need him to be as calm as possible. 

|| Meanwhile

Taeyong was in a bit of a daze after Tiana slapped him. He touched his cheek and it still stung from when she slapped it. He put his arm down and starts to chuckle. Taeyong continues to chuckle as he walks out of the building and makes his way to the back of another building where Jisoo was waiting for him.

"How was class?" Jisoo asked. 

"Entertaining." Taeyong said with a smile. 

"You look happy." Jisoo smirked. 

"That girl has so much darkness inside of her, it gets me excited just thinking about it." Taeyong said with a grin. His grin then turns to a frown and he snarls. 

"However, all of those wolves seem to be protecting her. Even though she's not any of their mates, besides the second youngest one. I must tread carefully. One was able to save her from me. It's really hard being alone with her, except when it comes to being in class together." 

"Do you need me to do anything?" Jisoo asked. Taeyong thought about Jisoo's question and he smirks.

"Actually, there is one thing that I require of you."

"Say the word, and I'll do your bidding." Jisoo said with a smirk. 

"Find out if one of the wolves also had a thing for Ms. Tiana. I may be able to use him to my advantage." Taeyong grins.

"As you wish." Jisoo disappears and Taeyong started to think about his next move. "Tiana, you will be mine. Whether you like it or not." Taeyong declared as his eyes started to glow a dark red and a cloud of darkness surrounded him and he disappears from human eyes. 

||

I'm walking from the Health Services building with my left hand in a splint and typing an email to my professor about not being in class when I bump into someone. I look up and see Junmyeon standing before me. 

"Hey." I said with a smile.

"Hey. What happened to your hand?" He asked me. 

"Oh. I slapped someone." I said nonchalantly. 

"Why?" 

"He insulted me." Junmyeon smiles and pats my head. "Good for you. Standing up for yourself." 

"Baekhyun was there. I'm sure he'll be more than glad to tell you all about it." 

"Does this have something to do with Taeyong?" Junmyeon asked. 

"Yeah. How did you know?" 

"Jongin told me about your encounter with him last night." 

"Oh. He did?" 

"Yes. We're still figuring out how to protect you properly as well as Alice and Nalani."

"You guys are so sweet. I don't know what I'd do if you guys weren't in my life." 

"We would've found you, eventually. Things happen for a reason." He said with a sad smile. I frown a little and I realize why he said that. Junmyeon caresses my cheek and looks at me. 

"I care about you Tiana. A lot. More than I should, but you're with Jongin and I have to respect that." 

He still has feelings for me? "I'm sorry." I apologized. 

"You don't need to apologize. I'm the one who told you my true feelings. I have to be respectful." I hug Junmyeon and he's taken by surprise, but he hugs me back. I give him a small smile and bid him good bye and headed to my next class. 

||

Junmyeon watched Tiana walk away from him and his heart clenched. "Of all people I happen to fall for, it's my brother's mate. Pathetic." He said to himself.

"I don't see it as pathetic." A voice said. 

Junmyeon turns around and sees Jisoo and he growls. "What do you want?" He asked. "Nothing. I just disagree with you liking your brother's girlfriend. I don't think it's pathetic. I mean you did see her first, right?" Jisoo asked. 

"Technically yes. Why do you care?" 

"I'm just willing to listen to a friend." 

"We aren't friends." Junmyeon said matter of fact.

"So cold. Come now. It doesn't hurt to have a conversation about it, hmm?" Junmyeon frowns as Jisoo, but he takes a moment to think about his proposition. I mean they are just talking right. I'm just venting my feelings to someone else. 

"What do you say?" Jisoo asked. 

Junmyeon looked back to where Tiana was walking and back at Jisoo. "Let's talk."