Chapter Ten

"No? Well, since you think it's not fair, I'll make it easier for you. We're done."

I was standing in front of Nalani and she looked at me like I had two heads. "What do you mean, 'we're done'?" She asked me.

"We're no longer friends." I snapped. Everyone is silent and in disbelief. "You guys can't not be friends. You're practically made for each other." Chen avowed.

"Well, she should of thought of that before she talked about me behind my back." I snarled. I go to walk out the room, but then stop. "I'll move out of our apartment and live somewhere else." I declared and I walked out the room. I put my shoes on and headed outside in the cold and started walking.

I guess that's it. Nalani and I are no longer friends. This isn't how I wanted it to happen. I got so mad and let my emotions get the best of me. I feel like absolute crap. I talk big, but at what cost? I just lost my best friend. I stopped walking and take a seat on the curb. I feel tears well up in my eyes and I start sobbing. I'm sobbing on the curb by someone else's house for about two minutes.

I feel another presence in front of me and I take my hands down. I look up and Jongin. "Hey." He said as he crouched down in front of me.

"Hey." I croaked.

"You doing okay?"

"No." I sniffled. I wipe the tears from my eyes and look at Jongin.

"Let me take you home." "I don't have a home. I said, I'd move out." I muttered.

"Yeah you do. Come on." Jongin took my hand and helped me up. We walked to his car and we weren't driving to my apartment. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"To my place."

"We were just there." I said confused.

"I have my own place."

"You do?" "I don't stay there often, unless it's late and I don't feel like driving to the house." He confessed.

Jongin and I pulled up at a apartment complex several minutes away from campus. I get out the car and Jongin leads me inside. I took a look around his apartment and it seemed really cozy.

"Have a seat." Jongin said as he walked into another room. I take a seat on the couch and look around the room some more. It's a nice apartment. I wonder why Jongin never stays here, but at the main house? "Are you okay?" Jongin asked as he walked back into the room.

"Yeah." I said as I sniffed. Jongin sat down beside me and wrapped an arm around me. "You have a nice place. How come you don't stay here?" I asked.

"I get lonely here by myself." He admitted to me shyly.

"Oh. Well---"

"We can stay here, together." He blushed. "If you don't mind." He continued.

"Sure. I mean I have nowhere else to go."

"If you want, we can get some stuff from your apartment tomorrow, that way you'll be more at home. For today though, you'll have to wear something of mine."

"If you don't mind."

"Of course I don't mind." He smiled. I smile back at him and he smirks at me. "You know, even though you feel bad about your argument with Nalani, I was so proud of you for sticking up for yourself." Jongin said.

"Really?" I said surprised. "Of course. You stood your ground and made sure your point got across."

"But I lost my best friend." I said sadly.

"You two will be friends again. I think you two just need space. When the time comes, you can make up with one another." He said with a small smile.

Jongin always knew what to say. That's one of the things I like about him. It was still early, but for some reason I just felt drained.

"I think I want to turn in for the night." I said.

"All right." Jongin gets up and leads me to his bedroom. He goes into his closet and grabs me a shirt to wear. "I'll leave you alone, so you can change." Jongin said. "Thanks."

Jongin walks out the room and heads back out into the living room. I quickly change into his plaid button down and sit on his bed. I hear a knock at the door and Jongin comes back inside the room. Luckily, this shirt goes a little over my knees because if it didn't, Jongin would be getting a show.

Meanwhile

Since Tiana left, everyone had been on edge. No one had ever seen her explode like that, including Nalani. The air was tense and no one knew what to say. "Nalani, are you okay?" Xiumin asked.

"I don't know. Am---Am I---Did I really make everything about me?" She asked. She turns to Alice and Alice avoids eye contact. "Alice?" She said.

"You can be a bit much some times." Alice admitted.

"Guys?" No one says anything, which makes Nalani feel even worse. "Do you guys not like me?" She cried.

"Of course we like you. Its just, you can very overbearing. And everything is revolved around you." Chen said.

"It's hard to say something to you when you're so nice, but then sometimes it comes out and you're like bossing us around. It's not fun." Chanyeol said as he rubbed his arm. Nalani sits down on the couch and takes in what everyone has said. 

"I have to talk to Tiana." She says as she stands up and Suho stops her. 

"I think you and Tiana need space. A lot just happened and I think you guys need a break from each other. When the time comes, you guys will become friends again. I'm sure of it." Suho said with a smile. 

"You're right. I'm gonna head home." 

"I'll come---" 

"No. I need to be alone. I'll call you when I get back." She said as she kissed Kris' cheek. Nalani walks out of the house and heads back to her apartment.

"I should probably head home too, so I can check on her." Alice said as she got up. 

"Do you want me to come with you?" Luhan asked her. "I don't really care. It's been a long day." Luhan and Alice leave and they back to Alice's apartment. 

It's silent in the living room and everyone is so shaken by everything. "I've never seen Tiana get so angry like that." Sehun said. 

"I know. It was unsettling. She must bottle up her emotions." Baekhyun said.

"She shouldn't do that." Kyungsoo said. 

"She's probably not used to conflict, so when her emotions are bottled up like that, everything comes out all at once." Suho said. 

"I'll call Jongin and see ask to see how she's doing." Kyungsoo said. 

"Give them some space. I'm sure Tiana is just as upset as Nalani. Give it a few days. I'm sure they'll b friends again." Xiumin said. 

"You're right. It's been a long day." Tao said.

"Agreed. I need to sleep the day off." Sehun said. 

All of the guys head off to their respective rooms and head to bed.