Chapter Twenty One

Jisoo and Junmyeon made their way to a student cafe and ordered separate items and sat at the furthest table away from all the other customers. "So, when did you meet Ms. Tiana and when did you feel that spark between the two of you?" Jisoo asked.

Junmyeon looks at Jisoo hesitantly and takes a breath. "I met Tiana last year. One of my brother's has been dating one of her friends for almost two years and she had introduced her and another friend of hers to all of the guys." Junmyeon starts.

"The moment I looked at her, I thought she was the one. We had a connection, but then Jongin suddenly appeared. When they both made eye contact with one another, it was almost as if time stopped. He realized his whole world finally appeared in front of him and she was mortified." Junmyeon chuckled.

"She bolted out of the dining hall so fast, it was comical. She didn't know what to do. I didn't blame her. I ended getting close to her after realizing we were in the same History class, but never said a word to each other. She's a sweet girl." Junmyeon finished. He smiles a small smile and ran a hand through his hair.

"Why do you care about my relationship with Tiana?" Junmyeon asked.

"I was just curious. I never noticed her before until recently. So, you had class together, I'm sure you hung out with one another. Did you ever confess your feelings for her?" Jisoo asked.

Junmyeon flashes back when he spoke to Tiana last year in his backyard and confessed his feelings towards her and then kissed her without her consent, which made Jongin furious with him. She then ended up confessing her feelings for Jongin surprising Jongin, Junmyeon, and even herself.

Tiana isn't someone who expresses how they feel very easily. "I did. And obviously, you know how that turned out." Junmyeon frowned.

"Hey, at least she knows how you feel. You never know, she could've felt the same way."

"You and I both know she's Jongin's mate. Me even thinking about being with her isn't going to happen."

"Even with how much you still obviously love her?"

Junmyeon sighs and looks at Jisoo. "Yes. She's no longer within my reach. At least romantically."

"Such a shame." 'Man, what a loser. At least I got the information I need. He's so gullible, it makes me almost feel somewhat sorry for him.' Jisoo thought.

"I got to get going. I have a Calculus exam to study for." Junmyeon said as he stood from his chair and Jisoo does the same.

"I have to get going as well. I have a—thing to get to." Junmyeon looks at Jisoo and frowns, but gives him a farewell.

"Thanks for the information, Junmyeon. Now, I need to speak my master." Jisoo said to himself as he watched Junmyeon walk out of the cafe. 

||

After all my classes, I headed back to my apartment and continued to ice my hand after I socked Taeyong in the face earlier today. I still can't believe he called me a slut. I mean who the hell does he think he is calling me something that I'm not. He's officially on my shit list. I mean how disrespectful can you be?

He barely even knows me! I can't even imagine what Jongin would do, if he found out what he said. JONGIN! Shit! I need to let him know what happened, if he doesn't already know. He's going to be PISSED. I walk to my desk to grab my phone and I see SEVERAL text messages from people, including and not limited to the following:

Nalani: YO! I heard you bitch-slapped someone! Spill the details!

Kyungsoo: Are you all right? I heard you slapped someone and you hurt yourself. Also, well done. 

Chanyeol: ARE YOU OKAY?????

Alice: You slapped Taeyong??? Are you okay? I don't know if I'm proud or concerned. Call me!!!

Jongin: Call me.

Jongin: Tiana, I need you to call me ASAP

Jongin: I need to know you're all right. CALL ME.

Jongin: I'm coming over. 

Well that didn't last long. The moment I put my phone down, there's a knock at my door. I walk to my door, don't even ask who it is and open it. Jongin barges inside and I close the door behind him. 

"Are you all right?" He asked me. 

"Yes. I'm fine." 

"What happened?" I take a deep breath and relayed the details of this morning's incident. Jongin ALMOST shifted into a wolf when I told him what Taeyong called me. Then he relaxed when I told him I slapped him. He seemed very proud of that.

"Tiana, I'm glad you defended yourself and luckily Baekhyun was there to save you, but if I was there--let's just say someone wouldn't be walking around anymore." He proclaimed. 

"You would've killed Taeyong?" 

"Yes. He insulted you, my mate, and that shit doesn't fly with me." Jongin said as he walked towards me and placed his hand on my shoulder. He brings his hand up and caresses my cheek, while I lean into his touch. 

"I know I say this a lot, but it is my job as your mate to protect you. No matter what."I smile a small smile and place my hand on top of his. "I know. And I still appreciate it." 

Jongin smiles a small smile and leans down and kisses my forehead. He then looks at me and smirks. "You must have slapped him really hard for you to have a swollen hand." 

"He deserved it." I said matter of fact. 

"I try not to be a violent person, but you defending yourself is a turn on." 

"Shut up." I blushed and went to sit down on the couch. Jongin chuckles and sits down beside me. 

"I'm only teasing, slightly. Let me see your hand." He says. Jongin takes a look at my hand and says I should be fine in the next couple of days, like the doctor said at the health clinic. I then thought of something I remembered from walking back to my apartment. 

"Jongin," "Yes?" He says giving me his full attention. 

"I think I found our song for our duet."