Chapter Eighteen

"Taeyong?!"

"In the flesh." He smirked.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here for practice. Didn't you invite me?"

"I mean yeah I did, but—"

"If you would be so kind getting your hands off my girlfriend? I'd really appreciate it." Another voice said. I pull away from Taeyong and I see Jongin.

"Jongin! You came!"

"And just in time no less." He said as he glared at Taeyong.

Taeyong walks towards Jongin and holds his hand out. "I don't think we've met. I'm Taeyong."

Jongin takes his hand, barely and says, "Jongin."

"So, Tiana is your girlfriend, huh?"

"Yes."

"Such a shame."

"Why's that?"

"Because I know she could do so much better." Taeyong sneered.

"Why you!" Jongin charges towards Taeyong and I step in-between them. "Tiana, step aside."

"No. Can I talk to you? Please?" Jongin is literally fuming, but he takes my hand and pulls me away from Taeyong.

"So, that's Taeyong?"

"Yeah?"

"Stay away from him." Jongin ordered. "And why should I do that?"

"Tiana, we just had a conversation about keeping you safe and such. His whole vibe screams bad news. Like right now, he's literally watching you like a hawk."

"What?" I turn to see Taeyong looking in our direction, looking directly at me.

"Okay. I'll stay away from him." "Good. Good thing I came when I did."

"I'm glad you're here too." I said with a small smile.

Jongin grins and kisses my forehead. "Oh! The president approved of our duet, but you have to come to Sunday practices and learn at least one other dance besides our duet." I explained to him.

"I see no problem with that." He smiled.

"Awesome." I grinned.

"Tiana! You are needed." An exec member says.

"Can everyone please take a seat up against the mirror?" The president commanded, politely. Everyone sits up against the mirror and I stand next to the president in front of everyone. I spot Alice and Nalani with some of the other members and they wave at me.

"Welcome back everyone! And welcome to all the new faces. We are the Valley View Royal Dancers or to everyone else on campus, the Valley View dance team. If you didn't speak to me or the vice president, we'll gladly introduce ourselves today. I am the president of the club, Scarlett. This lovely lady beside me is your vice president."

"Hi guys! I'm Tiana, your vice president. My job is reserves spaces, so we can dance obviously, and help the president out. We also have other members of the exec board as well who help us both out." The exec board members came up and introduced themselves and we did a ice-breaker to introduce new members as well as old members.

After we did that, we did a quick warm up and the choreographer started to teach her choreography. It was a hip hop number, which I was really excited for since I love that genre as much as Jazz and Lyrical. Jongin stayed as well. Taeyong had stayed for a little while and then disappeared a little before we had to do the dance in groups.

Jongin and I were put in a group together and everyone thought it was the cutest thing.

"Who knew our little Tiana would have a boyfriend?!" The president said.

"I know! You guys are so cute together!" Another member said. Jongin and I look at each other and we're both flustered. Jongin was definitely flustered since he rubbed his arms and tousled his hair way too much.

And myself? Well, I'm nervous nelly, so of course I was pretty damn flustered. Even though us being in the same group performing choreography was pretty nerve-wrecking, it was also a lot of fun. Jongin and I finally got to dance together and people got to see a taste of what our duet could possibly become.

After all the groups went, we all did the choreography one more time as a collective group and then the president gave out some final announcements for the week and we were all free to go.

Jongin and I were some of the last people to leave and we headed back towards my apartment complex.  "Well look who it is?" A voice said.

Jongin and I stop and see Taeyong behind us. "What do you want?" Jongin asked.

"Oh nothing. I just wanted to tell you that your girlfriend won't your girlfriend for much longer."

"And why's that?" Jongin sneered.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going to take her from you." Taeyong smirked.

"Listen, if you look or touch Tiana again, your ass is mine."

"You're not my type, but Tiana is." He smirked.

"You son of a—" I stop Jongin and pull him away. "Jongin, let's just go." I could totally see Jongin starting to lose control. I had to get him out of here quickly.

We continue walking towards my apartment. We reach the main entrance and sit at one of the picnic tables and Jongin starts to calm down.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I've been better." He answered.

We sit in silence for a while until Jongin speaks up and says, "Can I stay with you tonight?"

"How come?"

"I would just feel so much better, I was with you for tonight." He said. I smile a small smile and take his hand.

"Of course." I answered. Jongin smiles a small smile. He brings my hand up to his lips and he kisses my knuckles. "Come on, let's go inside."

I think what Jongin and I both need right now, is for this day to be over and done with.

|| Meanwhile

"Damn it!" Taeyong yelled as he threw something and slumped into his throne. Jisoo enters into the room, hesitantly and approaches Taeyong.

"My prince?" Jisoo said.

"That damn dog has some nerve threatening me like. Who does he think he is?! If he threatens me again, I won't hesitate to kill him where he stands and take his precious little mate!" Taeyong continued.

"If I may, I know you told me not to interfere—"

"And I still don't want you to." Taeyong threatened.

"I have something that might interest you."

Taeyong sits up in his chair and looks down at Jisoo intrigued. "Go on."

"Those two do not have class together. But you have a class with her." Taeyong grins and walks down towards Jisoo.

"I guess you're not useless after all." He said as he took the piece of paper and looked at the schedule for the semester. "This just got a lot more interesting."

"Be warned, they do share the same days off."

"That is not an issue. I just need to be alone with her once. That's more than enough time to have her turn on the dog." Taeyong sneers and he diminishes the paper with a look.

"Let the games begin, dog."