Chapter Fourteen

The Student Activities Fair went really well and I felt more relief after everything that happened the day before. I headed back to Jongin's apartment and was hanging out in his living room. Jongin had gone to meet up with his brothers about football training and said he's back as soon as possible.

I then get a text from Alice.

Alice: Hey! I'm getting my nails done, want to come with?!

I don't remember the last time I got my nails done. Why not?

Tiana: Yeah. I'd love to!

Alice: Great! Pick you up in five! You're at Jongin's apartment, right?

Tiana: Yeah.

I grab my coat and wallet and wait for Alice to come pick me up. I get a text from her a few minutes later saying that she has arrived at my apartment. I go outside and get into her car. "Hey!" She says with a smile.

"Hey. How were your classes this week?" I asked her.

"Same old, same old. How about you?"

"About the same. I can't wait to get my nails done."

"Me too! I don't remember the last time just you and I hung out." I smiled.

"Well . . . About that---"

"What?"

"Nalani's coming too." I haven't spoken to Nalani in days. "Are you mad?" She asked me. "No. I can't keep avoiding her. I had to talk to her at some point." I admitted.

"She's been wanting to talk to you. I think you guys just needed space. Why didn't you tell me about that?"

"About what?"

"That she said all that stuff behind your back? Especially Kris. Not a big fan of his right now, by the way."

"I didn't want you to pick a side. It wouldn't of been fair to you."

"True, but if you had, I would've sided with you. I've known you since high school." She smiled.

"I know, but---it's hard to explain."

"I understand. How have you been doing, since your attack?" She asked.

"I see a professional psychologist on campus."

"Were you seeing one back home too?"

"Yeah. I mainly if I have any problems and since the attack, I've been okay. My confidence and self-esteem have dropped drastically."

"Does Jongin know?"

"Yeah, he went to my first appointment. He kind of made me tell him everything, since we weren't speaking at the time, but he had the right to know."

"Are you going to tell Nalani?"

"At some point. Not now. She has to earn my trust back."

"Absolutely. I guess you and Jongin are back together."

"For the most part. We're together, but since the attack, it's hard to be intimate with him. I REALLY want to be, but with my anxiety and then him being part wolf and having to mate just doesn't help at all. What about you and Luhan? How you guys been?"

"He met my family over break." She blushed.

"Shut up. He did?!"

"Yeah. My parents love him. He came back from Korea two weeks ago and he was staying with us. He was really respectful. It was nice. I didn't even know he was going to come."