Chapter Sixteen

I woke up early and headed to the gym to work on my large group number. Before I went to bed and I had that encounter with Jongin about Taeyong, I needed to clear my head and really get my head in gear for this number. I felt like I needed to do something out of my comfort zone, but with a style I could easily choreograph and that was jazz.

I scrolled through my iPhone and stumbled on a song called, "Touch" by Little Mix. I had heard it a couple times on the radio and I wanted to see if I could get some choreography out of it. I started the song and it started off slow. I started off with me walking on stage, slowly and maybe doing an extension, then quickly going into a pose.

I took a step and went into a triple coupe turn, taking a step and then posing. I then take an eight count to turn around myself, while going into split and then into a lunge. I do that combination a few times, and then do it with the music. I perform the combination and then do a little improve and it felt great.

"I knew I'd find you here."

I turn around and see Nalani at the door, by herself, oddly enough. "I needed to clear my head." I said as I sat down. "Is that the choreography for your dance?"

"Possibly."

"I like it. I'd definitely learn it."

"Really?" I said surprised.

"Yeah. Jazz is your style." Nalani complimented as she sat down on the floor near me.

"I wanted to do something out of my comfort zone."

"That's good." She smiled.

"Could you---never mind."

"What?"

"Could you record me doing it? I don't want to forget what I came up with." I said nervously.

"Of course, as long as you teach it to me." Nalani smirked.

I smile and agree. I teach Nalani the choreography that I had so far and she even helped me up until chorus of the song. After she and I ran through the choreography a couple times, Nalani sat against the mirror and recorded me doing what I had so far, full out, so I wouldn't forget it.

"Where did you find this song? I know it's Little Mix, but why this one?" Nalani asked me.

"I had always liked it when I heard it on the radio. Something about it made me want to choreograph to it." I said honestly.

"I think it'll be great, especially when you finish it." Nalani smiled.

"Thanks. And thanks for being here. I wouldn't have gotten as much done as I did, if you didn't show up." I said with a small smile.

"I'm always here to help you." Nalani said as she grabbed for my hand and squeezed it lovingly.

"Where's you boy toy?" I asked as we walked out of the dance studio. "He's at home with his brothers."

"That must be killing him." I said.

"It is, but we had a talk about us always being together, especially after our blow out. I think it was a wake up call. We can't be attached to the hip. I know I'm his mate and all, but we should have space, like we used to, before the ceremony." Nalani explained.

"I understand. Jongin wants me to stay with him at his apartment."

"He wants you to be safe. I totally get it."

"But we need space, and he gives me space. It's just---"

"He just got you back and he doesn't want to let you go."