Chapter Three

I woke up in the middle of night, sweating. I get out of bed and change my clothes and splash some cold water on my face. I walk back out into my room and I see Jongin sitting up, rubbing his eye.

"You okay?" He whispered.

"Yeah. I had to change clothes."

"Come back to bed." He said.

I made my way back to bed and lie down. Jongin cuddles up next to me and I lie back down trying to go back to sleep. "Try not to think so much." Jongin whispers.

"How do you even know that I'm thinking too much?" I asked him.

"You must forget that I'm part wolf."

"I guess so."

"Did you have a nightmare?" He asked me.

"No. Sometimes, I just wake up in the middle of the night and I end up sweating."

"Hmm. That's interesting."

"I guess you could put it that way." I said as I looked up my ceiling. I feel Jongin's eyes on me and try not to look at him.

"What happened to us?" He said suddenly.

"We had an argument, remember?"

"Yeah, but now you don't seem to trust me like you did before our argument."

"People change, Jongin." I sighed as I turned to my side, so my back was to him.

"You haven't changed, Tiana. There's just something different about you and whatever it is, it's holding you back from me." Jongin said.

"Whatever."

"Tiana," Jongin said as he turned me around so I was facing him. "What's your deal? Talk to me." He pleaded.

"Jongin, it's late. Let's talk another time, okay? I'm not ready yet." I admitted.

"Fine. I'll go then." He said as he got up out of bed.

"Don't go." I said.

"You don't seem to want me here."

"I do. I'm just cranky that I can't go right back to sleep and try to move on to the next day of my life." I said.

Jongin got back into bed, but he had his back to me. Great. Now, we're back to square one. I turn my back to Jongin and I close my eyes and slowly drift back to sleep.

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

I wake up the next morning, but Jongin isn't there. I then hear the sound of running water in my bathroom. He must be taking a shower. Since I did take one last night, I could just throw on something and go on about my day. Just as I'm about to walk into the hallway leading to my bathroom, I bump into Jongin, who is in nothing but a towel around his waist.

"Sorry." I said as I ran into the bathroom and shut the door behind me. What is wrong with me? I do my business in the bathroom and then walk back out to my room. Jongin is dressed, all while drying his hair with a towel. It's probably that same towel that was around his waist.

I shake my head getting that pleasing image out of my brain and sat at my computer. "Do you want to come over today for our movie marathon?" Jongin asked me.

"Maybe. I'm not sure." I said honestly.

"You know we'd all love to have you." Jongin said.

"I know. I just---I don't want to be in the same place with Nalani right now."

"How come?" "I have my reasons." I said quickly.

"Okay. Do you want to get some food? Maybe from the dining hall? Or, I could take you somewhere, like a date?" He said hopefully.