Prologue

~Third person POV~

Jack waved goodbye to Felix and Cry who walked out of the door.

Now he was all alone at the bar. His friends both had something important to do. He sighed.

They had a big robbery planned in a few weeks, the biggest one so far. They needed to plan a lot and it was exhausting. The group decided to go to the bar, just tonight. To give themselves a little break. After about two hours, Jack was the only one left.

Jack swallowed the last bit of his beer and started thinking. Maybe he should get going too? It was only eleven, but he was the only one here from his group. He knew no one else here.

Jack jumped a little when the bartender set another drink in front of him. "But I didn't.." He started, but was cut of by the bartender. "It's from him." He said with a smile while he pointed at a guy at the end of the bar. The man looked up, smiled and waved at Jack. Jack waved back with a shy smile.

The guy with blue hair stood up and walked over to Jack. "Is this seat taken?" He asked while gesturing towards the seat next to Jack. "No, go ahead." Jack said with a smile. The guy sat down and turned to Jack. "Why did you..?" Jack started, but got cut of by the man. "You looked like you needed a little company. And besides, it's a good starter for a conversation. I'm Mark by the way." He said while he held out his hand for Jack to shake. "I'm Sean, but my friends call me Jack." Jack said while he shook Mark's hand. "Nice to meet you, Jack." Mark said with a smile. 

"Why are you called Jack by the way?" Mark asked while Jack took a sip of his new beer. "That's what my mother used to call me when I was younger, and it stuck. Sean translated to Jack or something, I don't really remember." Jack answered. "And I can't really ask my mom, because she lives in Ireland." He finished, with a small chuckle.

"Did you live in Ireland?" Mark asked. "Yeah, that's where I grew up. But I moved here for work." Jack answered.

That's a lie. He came here because his family couldn't know what he was doing.

"What do you do for a living?" Mark asked as he leaned on the bar while looking at Jack. "I had an office job, nothing special. But they had to fire a bunch of people because of money. It's really complicated. Anyway, I guess you could say that I don't work there anymore."

More lies. It's not that you can tell anybody that you're a criminal anyway. But why the 'I-got-fired' part? For sympathy maybe..?

"That's a shame." Mark responded. "Yeah, but I'm looking for a different job now. And I have some money left, like gifts from family. I can survive a while if I have to." Jack chuckled. "That's good to hear." Mark said with a smile, making Jack blush a little.

What's with the blush?

"But what do you do for a living?" Jack asked Mark while he was trying not to blush any harder. "Well, I'm a police officer." Mark answered while stretching his arms above his head. Jack couldn't help but stare. "Is that so?" "Yeah, I work there for almost two years now." Mark said proudly. "And.. are you a good cop or a bad cop?" Jack asked with a smirk while leaning on the bar. The little alcohol he had really started to kick in. "I'm not the best, but also not the worst." Mark answered and pauzed a little. "But enough about jobs. How about a drinking game?" Mark suddenly purposed. "I'm with you." Jack answered while he giggled a little.

This was going to be a long night.

~

Jack had trouble with holding the bathroom door open and Mark fell to the floor once he was inside, making Jack burst out in laughter.

They both had a few shots and decided to go to the bathroom to get a little cleared up. But with Mark on the floor and Jack crying from laughter, that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

When Mark finally stood up from the floor and Jack finally controlled his laughter, it became a little more serious in the room. Mark leaned on the sink and looked in the mirror while Jack's remaining giggles died down. Nobody was in there except for them.

Jack came and stood next to Mark, leaning his head on Marks shoulder. Both of them were looking in the mirror, without knowing why. After a few moments they both started laughing. "Why are we laughing?"Jack asked between his giggles. "I have no idea." Mark answered as he tried to control his laughter.

Jack backed up againts the wall while he tried to stop laughing. Once all the giggles died down, it was really silent in the room. Mark walked towards Jack and locked gazes with him.
They were staring at each other by the time that Mark was standing in front of Jack. "You know, I think you're really cute." Mark whispered while his cheeks became red. "You're drunk." Jack giggled back while he started blushing too.

"Yeah, I know. Because I wouldn't have the guts to say it if I was sober." Mark answered while he inched closer. Their chests and forheads were touching while their breath hitched. "Are you too sober to kiss me?" Jack breathed. "I don't think so." Mark answered with a small chuckle before he brought his lips to meet Jack's.

A little did they know that this drunk make out session would lead to a relationship. But this relation has one problem. What if Mark finds out about Jack being a criminal?

Welcome to my new book.