Chapter Six

~Third person POV~

"Are you calling him again?"

"Shut up, Watson." Mark growled. "I need to know if he's Ok."

"You've called him nine times since I'm here, which is twenty minutes. I don't think he's going to pick up anytime soon."

Mark sighed. "Why am I even here? I should be searching for him."

"Because if you'd miss another day, you'd get fired." Matt answered while he stood up from his desk and walked towards Marks.

"I don't care if I'd get fired. I need to know if he's fine. I need to find him. I need reassurance that he's not dead, Matt!"

"I've got a feeling that you'll hear from him soon, Mark. You just need to calm down, panicking is not going to help." Mark huffed, but Matt continued. "I have something to distract you. There's a new criminal coming in today and he needs to be questioned. And the boss chose you to do it. Here are some files, he will be brought in within 10 minutes."

"Thanks Matt." Mark said when he stood up. He picked up the files and walked towards the question room. 'I'll scan these files quickly when the guy comes in. I want to call Jack just one more time.' He mumbled to himself.

Big mistake.

Mark entered the room and closed the door behind him. He threw the files onto the desk and took his phone out of his pocket.

"Pick up, dammit."

~

Jack looked around.

His stuff was taken away from him and his hands were cuffed. He looked around the room while he was waiting for someone to take him. Jack had been arrested before, so he knew that he would go to the queston room next.

Jack chuckled to himself while he thought about the first time he got arrested. He remembered walking into the question room, knocking the officer out and taking his clothes. He walked out of the station just as easy as he got in there. Ofcourse he took his files with him, which he burned later. That was why he didn't get found so easily. That was why Mark didn't know about everything he did.

Fuck.

"Mark works at this station if I remember right." Jack mumbled to himself. Now Mark would find out everything.

Before Jack could think of anything else, a police officer opened the door. "Come with me." He said. Jack stood up and walked with the officer to another room.

~

Mark stood at the desk with his phone at his ear.

The door opened and another officer came in. He dropped some stuff on the desk next to Mark. "This is one part of the proof. I think you'll need it."

"Thank you." Mark answered while letting his hand, with his phone, fall from his ear.

Jack didn't pick up. Big surprise.

"Oh, by the way, the phone in here has been ringing like crazy. Whoever is trying to reach him must really care about him." Marks co-worker chuckled. "Or it's his team who's worried that he might be arrested." Mark joked.

"Could be. The guy had been in that safe for 30 hours at least." "Really?" Mark asked in shock. "Yes, haven't you read the papers?" "Uh.. No. I was a little busy." Mark lied. "Better hurry up, they'll bring him in within two minutes." The guy chuckled while he opened the door.

"I'll try my best." Mark answered with a smile while his co-worker left.

He sat at the desk and grabbed the papers. When he was about to open them, his phone rang. Mark grabbed the device and answered.

"Hello Ken."

~

Jack followed the officer to the question room.

He looked around anxiously, hoping not to spot Mark. He was doing a pretty damn good job so far, becaue he hadn't seen Mark the entire time he was in the station.

"This way." The officer said as he turned around a corner. Jack walked with him until the guard stopped in front of a door. He knocked and opened the door. "Wait here" the officer said as he went inside while Jack awkwardly waited just outside the door. "Come in." The officer said from inside.

"Please, don't let Mark be in there." Jack mumbled to himself.

Too bad that faith slapped him in the face.

When he walked inside, he stood face-to-face with his boyfriend. Mark's eyes widened in shock. He wanted to cry of happiness, but he was so confused at the same time. "I found him." Mark mumbled into his phone and ended the conversation. The other officer uncuffed Jack and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

The room was silent for a few minutes, while Jack and Mark just stared at each other.

"Hi.." Jack awkwardly said while breaking the silence. Mark stood up from his desk, but had no intention of getting any closer to Jack.

"Jack," He started. "What in God's name are you doing here?"

Bawm, this is where the cover summary ended. Now you don't know what's going to happen ;)

Alsoo.. End of Chapter Six!