Chapter Twenty

~Third person POV~

It was Thursday morning and Mark said that he was going to the bathroom.

Ofcourse, this was nothing unusual. But Jack took this chance to see if Ken had actually brought the gun. He jumped out of his bed quietly and made his way over to the couch. He lowered himself onto his knees and looked underneath the couch. He saw what Ken was supposed to hide and sighed in relief. Then he saw the note next to the gun and picked it up.

'Remember, Tyler will bring two plates at 8 AM. The LEFT one is for Mark. I swear to God if you fuck that up, I'll kill you. Anyway, the poison will work within 10 hours, so he'll be knocked out at 6 PM. You better have said your goodbye before then, because he won't wake up anytime soon after that. Someone will come get you at 1 AM, so get a little rest. You need some energy, because we ARE getting out of here. -Ken'

Jack frowned at the thought of leaving behind Mark while putting the note back. Ken had said that they're moving to the other side of the country immediatly. They'd all miss Mark, but didn't think that he'd help with Jack's escape, let alone join the group and become a criminal. Leaving him behind was the only option, how hard it may be on all of them.

Jack then heard a knock on the cell door and walked towards it. He opened it and saw Tyler with the food. He silently nodded at him, knowing what he had to do. "Who's there?" Mark yelled from the bathroom. "It's Tyler with our breakfast. He has an extra plate with food for you!" Jack yelled back while Tyler handed him the tray with the two plates. Jack thanked him and closed the cell door again. "Can you maybe bring my plate in here? I was just going to shower, but I could eat it quickly before doing that." Mark yelled again and Jack started to walk towards the bathroom.

He saw Mark with his shirt off once he had walked inside. A light blush formed on his cheeks while he handed Mark the left plate. "Thank you Darling." Mark said and kissed Jack on his forehead. "Yeah, yeah." Jack chuckled while he walked out of the bathroom, trying to let his light blush disappear. he sat on his bed and began to eat his breakfast.

Mark walked out off the shower with an empty plate ten minutes after Jack had finished eating. His stomach dropped at the sight of the empty plate, making him feel guilty. But he knew that there was no other way. Mark stretched his arms above his head while beginning to speak. "It's Thursday, want to go to the cafetaria?" Jack nodded and jumped up from his bed.

"Let's go."

~

"Okay, we are heading home now to get prepared for tonight." Cry's voice said through Ken's earbud.

Ken jumped a little from the sudden voice, but realised what it had said soon after. "Wait, we?!" He almost yelled from excitement. "Heyo!" A way too familiar voice chirped. "Felix?! How are you?!" Ken jumped up from his chair in excitement. "I'm doing good. I've been awake for the last two days, but I got released out of the hospital today." Felix said and Cry cut in. "He recovered really fast!" He almost yelled while trying to drive. "Eyes on the road Love." Felix told him.

"Aahw, you two finally got together." Ken chirped making Felix blush. "S-shut up, will you." He stuttered while Cry chuckled in the background. Ken chuckled too before speaking again. "But seriously, I'm glad you're alright Felix." "And I'm glad to be back!" Felix responded.

"I'll see you two tonight." Ken said before starting to get back to work. "Oh, but don't forget to delete all of our files. We don't want any evidence of our criminal life left, alright?" Cry said.

"I'm on it. And when I'm done, it'll be like we've just been born."

~

Mark leaned towards Jack and whispered something in his ear.

"Can we maybe get back to your cell? I'm growing really tired all of a sudden." He yawned. "What time is it?" Jack asked while looking at him. "Around 5 PM." Mark answered. Jack nodded in response to his question. "I guess we could go back."

"I have to go to another guard for just a minute, but we can go after that." Mark said while he saw a guard wave him over. Jack nodded and Mark stood up to walk towards the guard. The group looked at Jack in confusion. "We'll get going soon." He said while standing up. The rest of the group stood up as well and walked around the table towards him. Molly and Mandy both gave Jack a hug, leaving him confused. "We know you're leaving today." Bob whispered before also giving him a hug.

"But how-" He started but got cut off by Wade. "That doesn't matter." He said before also giving Jack a hug. Once he pulled back, he layed his hands on Jack's shoulders. "Just because you've done something bad doesn't mean that you're a bad person. Go out there and make a difference." He whispered before letting go again. "Thank you." Jack whispered back before the group sat down again, not wanting to confuse Mark.

Speaking of which, Mark was just walking back to the group. "Are you ready?" He asked Jack once he was by his side. Jack nodded and they started to walk away. Molly and Wade waved while the others just said their goodbye's, just as always. Jack got a nod from Matthew just before they walked out of the cafetaria.

~

They entered the cell before Mark locked the door behind them.

He threw his belt which held his gun and keys on the couch and sat down onto the bed. "Are you alright?" Jack asked a little worried before glancing at the clock.

5:38 PM

"I'm just so freaking tired all of a sudden." Mark said while holding his head in his hands. "Maybe standing up will help?" Jack suggested. "May be. I mean, I felt a little less sleepy while walking towards here." Mark said while standing up. He grunted at the headache that was forming and held his head again. Jack slowly walked towards Mark.

He took Mark's hands in his once he stood in front of him. "I'm sorry." He whispered. "For what?" Mark asked confused before yawning again. "That you have to feel this way." Jack mumbled in response. "I'm sure that you didn't cause this." Mark reassured him. Jack felt guilt hit him even stronger then before, but there was no turning back. He glanced at the clock.

5:52 PM

'How is time moving so fast?' He thought to himself.

Mark noticed that Jack had zoned out and took his chin into his hand, making Jack snap back into reality. "I don't want you feeling sorry for something you didn't cause, Ok?" He said with a sweet smile. Jack felt even guiltier, but nodded anyway. He knew that he didn't have much time with Mark left and started leaning in. Their lips touched and they shared a passionate kiss.

Eventually, Mark pulled away and Jack felt him go limp in his arms. Mark couldn't speak a word before he was knocked out. Jack let Mark's body fall into his arms and fell to the ground with it. He hugged it tight before a few tears escaped his eyes.

"I'm going to miss you so much." He choked out between sobs. "But I have to get out. We have to get away. We have to leave you behind.

This has to be done."

This took long, I'm sorry. But we're so close to the end! Aren't you excited?!

Oh and, Wade's last words to Jack are something that really hit me. They are my words, but still.

"Just because you've done something bad doesn't mean that you're a bad person. Go out there and make a difference." -JoyceBellie 2k17

I have a lot to tell you guys, but an important thing has to wait until the next chapter. But for now, What the hell is the ranking system on this site? So freaking confusing! But whatever. Still, thank you!

Alsoo.. End of Chapter Twenty!