Chapter Eight

~Third person POV~

Jack walked slowly through the hallway.

His eyes were wandering all over the building. The walls were grey and the hallways were long. It was silent, really silent. Jack could hear his footsteps and breathed slowly.

He could also hear the footsteps of the man next to him. Jack was glad that he wasn't alone in this place, but he didn't expect that he would be locked away that bad.

Jack wanted to speak up, break the silence, but he didn't. He didn't know how to call the man next to him anyway. Maybe with his title; officer? Or with his name? Jack had no clue.

He looked at him. His strong posture made Jack shiver, it always did. Jack returned to his thoughts. Maybe he should call him one of those many nicknames they've used for each other the past few weeks, but is this even an appropriate time for that? Jack was absolutely clueless.

"You sure must have done a lot of things to walk in these halls." He stated and Jack nodded. "Yeah, and it gives me the creeps already. Thanks for reminding me about how awful my life is." "I'm sorry." He chuckled. That chuckle made Jack fall in love with him even more everytime he heard it.

"Don't worry Mark. But why did you agree to come here anyway? It's not the nicest place to be." Jack chuckled. "Like I've said before. I would miss you too much. I don't want to, because you've done so many bad things. But I just can't help it." Mark answered without looking at Jack, he just stared in front of him. They walked around a corner while Jack tried not to blush.

"Now I have a question for you." Jack nodded. "Go ahead." "What exactly have you done? And be honest, there's no point in denying it now." Jack sighed.

"Fine. We had robbed like six or seven banks back in Ireland. But then the police got too close and we moved to America. Here, we have robbed two banks. But the third one went wrong, obviously. And in the process of robbing all those banks, we may have gotten one or two people killed." Jack awkwardly rubbed his neck.

"You may have gotten one or two people killed? Are you serious?!" Mark asked, a little in shock. "On accident! It was not our intention to kill those people!" Jack sighed. "Alright." Mark said. It was silent when they walked around another corner.

"Wait, you said 'we'. You work in a group?" Mark raised an eyebrow. "I guess." Jack shrugged. "Who are they?" "Well, I can't tell you that. They and I would get in even more trouble." "Do the guys know them?" Mark asked and Jack shrugged again. "I don't know their personal contacts."

Do the guys know themselves? Interesting.

Mark sighed as they walked around the last corner. They stood still and looked in front of them. At the end of the hallway was Jack's cell. Jack swallowed and stared at nothing. "Mark?" "Yeah?" Jack looked at the ground. "Nevermind."

This was going to happen at one point, but that didn't make it less scary.

Mark started to walk forward again, and Jack started to freak out. It felt like the walls were closing in on him and he panicked. He turned around in a swift movement and started to run away. Jack's hands were cuffed, but not his feet. He could run all he wanted.

Mark noticed and ran after Jack. After a few seconds he caught up and tackled him to the ground. Jack started struggling but Mark sat on his waist. "Dammit Jack." He mumbled angrily while he pinned Jack's arms down.

"You know that I'll get out of here. The easy or the hard way, but I'll escape." Jack said with a smug look on his face.

~

Ken stood up. "I'm going now."

"Where are you going? You can't leave me alone with him. He has been asleep for over twelve hours now and I'm worried." Cry said. "Don't worry Cry, he got shot, he needs to rest. He'll wake up soon enough."

Cry huffed. "Where are you going then?" "You know that I tracked Jack down, right?" Cry nodded in response. "Well, let's just say that I have a new job in the security of a jail that lays 70 miles out of the city." Ken smirked, and Cry's eyes widened. "Are we going to get him back?!"

"He'll be out of there before he even gets time to settle in."

We'll see about that, Mark is still in the game *Evil laugh*. I can't believe how much fun I'm having with writing stories! Never thought of it, before I tried it :).

Alsoo.. End of Chapter Eight!