Chapter 2 - Victory Celebration

Playlist:

❶ "Victory Celebration" 0.01–1.20—Return of the Jedi Extended ST

❷ "Rebel Briefing" 0.01–1.20—Return of the Jedi OST

❶ Nestled in the pupagi trees that grew to over a hundred meters in height, the tree-top village reverberated with festive drums and glowed in the warm light of bonfires

❶ Nestled in the pupagi trees that grew to over a hundred meters in height, the tree-top village reverberated with festive drums and glowed in the warm light of bonfires. Everyone from Ewoks to Rebel pilots celebrated the destruction of the second Death Star and the defeat of the Empire. The Ewoks, a race of ursine warriors that grew to a meter tall, welcomed the Rebel Alliance to Bright Tree Village.

Standing over two-meters tall, their most-honored guest hailed from the wooded planet Kashyyyk. The Ewoks adored the Mighty Chewbacca because he had turned the tide for the Alliance in the middle of the battle by commandeering an All-Terrain Scout-Transport walker.

Younger scouts climbed on the tall Wookiee, while others supplied him with a steady stream of raw meat and intoxicants. The hero moaned and roared in Shyriiwook while foam dribbled down his beard and pieces of meat clung to his fangs.

Across the village square, Rebel Alliance pilots in their bright-orange flight suits as well as infantry in their green camouflage ate, drank, and danced with the furry natives. 

However, a lone figure leaned against a red tree. Han Solo—smuggler, pirate, and now Alliance general—nursed a mug of potent Ewok ale in his hand while searching the bustling crowd. Where is she? 

The tall smuggler scanned the village square, as the woodsy scent of the red bark and green needles mingled with the smoke of the bonfires. He ran a hand through his dark hair before draining his tankard. She'd better not—

Ah, there she is. Calm down, Solo, she's just doing her duty, seeing to the troops. He tossed the mug to the deck.

With his arms crossed and his eyes riveted on Leia Organa, Princess of Alderaan, his thoughts wandered. Am I reading this all wrong? I mean, it's not like I've got anything to offer ... and, besides, she'll be a senator—

He sucked in his breath. Her brandy-colored eyes twinkled at him as she swirled her tan dress. The leather laces across the bodice flapped in the breeze. Han caught himself imagining what lay below those thongs. A warm smile sneaked from his lips—not his signature lopsided smirk, but a smile filled with all the emotions that thumped in his heart.

When a pilot slid his arm across her back, Han growled and leaped forward. Relax, Solo. She can handle this. Not her first Rodian rodeo. 

Her chestnut hair swinging behind her back, Leia grabbed the man's hand and placed a mug of brew in it. With a superficial smile, the princess moved to the ground squad that had disabled the shield generator only hours earlier.